Thread: How do I "Disconnect all previous connections"?

How do I "Disconnect all previous connections"?

I'm trying to access a NAS device. When I double click on a volume on this NAS, I enter my user name and password and click "OK". I get the resulting error message:

"\\Netdrive\Admin is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.
    It is this sentence that I am keenly interested in. How do you disconnect all previous connections? I have not found a way to do this in Windows short of restarting the stupid machine. On the Mac, all I have to do is drag any mounted volumes to the trash, and bam, I can log onto a network volume as a different user.

I can't restart the machine at the moment because I'm using it as a FileMaker server.

This computer is running Windows XP Pro.

It's telling you that you have to log off any other PCs before connecting. Mapped drives on other PCs are the problem.

You should be able to change that policy. Read the documentation.

Moved to Networking...
    MS MCP, MCSE

Right click My Computer or Network Places and click "Disconnect Network Drives" Your mapped drives, even ones that aren't showing up when you use explorer will be there. Disconnect from there, then map away. Sounds like \\Netdrive\admin is a cached map.

Originally posted by kwebb
    Right click My Computer or Network Places and click "Disconnect Network Drives" Your mapped drives, even ones that aren't showing up when you use explorer will be there. Disconnect from there, then map away. Sounds like \\Netdrive\admin is a cached map.
    Wow, that is not a great place for that function! My error message was less than helpful.

That was the problem, thanks. There was a mounted volume on the computer already.