Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AVP MOVIE!!!!!!!!!YEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How come the timeline is set during the 21st century? It should be set in the future where the Marines will also join in the fight for survival.

Similar to the PC game! I like to use the Marines because their weapons are awesome. I even tried LAN mode with my friends and the Marines really beat the Aliens but they lose out to the Predators.

That was two years ago and I would never forget that moment.

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

i hope they bring a alien vs predator 3 game............
    the second one was not bad at all, but the expansion was [*-deleted word-*]

(*** Polite language only please *** - WSUA 3. a.)
    Last edited by Vernon Frazee; 11-09-2003 at 01:09 PM.

I think the game (AVP2) had an excellent scenario. It revolved around humans no matter what character you controled, and it was one story in 3 acts. Not to mention humans actually appeared somewhat prepared to face them. They had developed an anti-predator weapon, captured and killed a few preds, and were fully aware of their existence. Unlike the predator film where humans dont know what hit them until the very end.

If only the movie was based on the game, I think the result would be very good. Unfortunately it isnt. I'm looking forward to it of course, like any alien/predator film.

RE was a great flick. Now RE 2 will be coming out.

I think some games are done well in Movies...some.

Mortal Kombat sucked A@@.
    Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

MK sucked but was much much better than streetfighter. MK2 sucked big time though. And there was no cristoph lambert.

Btw, the streetfighter movie spawned a game too! It was called streetfighter the movie. It was an arcade game with digitised characters from the film. Also sucked.

God I hate quicktime!!

The whole point in releasing trailers/teasers on the net is to get them viewed by as many people as possible.
    When you're tied to an internet connection and unable to actually save the clips to your hard drive this point is completely lost.

IF I was going to be releasing a trailer I'd use .avi (mpeg4) and have it downloadable instead of only playable when a net connection is present! AT least that way you could share it with friends and post the thing to web sites that are more popular than the movie companys' own one!

Can someone please explain to me why oh why do so many movie companies keep on insisting that we all put up with bloody quicktime?!

Its just one more piece of [*-deleted word-*] software that tries to take over all media playback that you have to install to your PC in order to be able to watch stuff.
    Does Apple pay fox/universal/new line etc to force people to use quicktime? Of are the companies just out of touch with what people would like to do?

Look like it might be watchable though.

I liked the film of Resident Evil much more than the game.

Last edited by Vernon Frazee; 11-09-2003 at 01:10 PM.

quicktime

to save the trailer on HD you need quicktime pro.. quicktime can't use the save option..

greetings boris

Originally posted by zybch

Surely if a word has been used in The Simpsons which is targeted at kids, then its not too adult to use in these forums.
    If there are no lists of actual 'naughty words' then how is it possible to know which ones not to use (apart from the F, C, S and N words).

Surely if a word has been used in The Simpsons which is targeted at kids, then its not too adult to use in these forums.
    If there are no lists of actual 'naughty words' then how is it possible to know which ones not to use (apart from the F, C, S and N words).
    It does seem to be pretty random. Let's test it. ****.

Surely if a word has been used in The Simpsons which is targeted at kids...
    Do you think that the humour in The Simpsons is targeted at kids?

No, the humour is (now more than ever) adult oriented but the show itself seems aimed at kids.
    In truth, I don't think Fox knows what to do with it, even after umpteen tears, so its shown in timeslots that are potentially too early and hence becomes a kid/family show. 6:00 weeknights is when I sometimes catch it, a kid/family timeslot.

avp 1 can anyone help with a question ?
    I just bought this and tried playing it but its like its in slow motion and most of the functions are severly delayed is this normal in this game or what the computer is brand new so I dought thats the proble but I am open to suggestion- Thanx
    5/17 th Cavalry Scouts

For some reason it didn't like XP on my machine. The sound was all up the creek and I got the occasional jerkyness.

I'm with Jakk on the game / movie tie ins, they just don't mix, however I always thought the Alien films beat the Predator movies, and if this film is as good as those, even if it matches Alien Ressurection which was a little iffy but still good nonetheless, I think it will definitely be worth watching. I mean look at Batman - Dead End, the Batman vs Alien & Predator short film that's flying around. That was done well, I think, and it goes to show that dodgy cross overs can work if done properly.

Hopefully Alien Vs Predator won't go down with the rest of them as yet another failed attempt at bringing video games to the big screen.

AVP movie

I think as long as they use some of the newest movie technices it should not disappoint anyone
    5/17 th Cavalry Scouts