Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OOps... made a booboo in bios

ammok that was the clearest picture of the battery ive ever seen in my whole life

here, i didn't see you grubbing around on yer hands and feet trying to get a picture of a bl**dy battery at 8pm after a hard weeks work!!!!

here's a different one just for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is a bowl of cherries

and a clearer one for the lovely Kathrina

Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is a bowl of cherries

Okay
    *Sobs*
    Would there be any particular reason why this wouldnt work? Im not blonde I swear! I took the battery out. Turned it off and on. Unplugged the power supply from the MB. Turned it off and on. Put it back together. Still nothing. Everything seems to run. Oh I just want it to work...

Is there another battery that I cant see?

there is only one battery.

I suspect the "V" setting might have been CPU Vcore or CPU Vio. If you messed around with the Vcore, you could have damaged the cpu.

did you look on the motherboard for a jumper to clear the cmos?

did you download the manual from the link I provided earlier? if not, here's the link again:
    http://download.msi.com.tw/support/mnu_exe/E6330v30.exe

Thats a scary thought. So possibly Ill have to buy some more stuff? Would it damage it even though it didnt boot back up? Are there 3 jumpers that I need to be concerned with? If I move one, the cmos will reset? How do I know which one to move? Does it move with fingers? I have only had this system out of the shop since Monday. Thats when I had the new MB installed. How will I know if the CPU is bad? Do I have to get a new MB since I cant make this one reset, so it doesnt fry another CPU, if thats the problem.

Originally posted by Kathrina
    Thats a scary thought. So possibly Ill have to buy some more stuff? Would it damage it even though it didnt boot back up? Are there 3 jumpers that I need to be concerned with? If I move one, the cmos will reset? How do I know which one to move? Does it move with fingers? I have only had this system out of the shop since Monday. Thats when I had the new MB installed. How will I know if the CPU is bad? Do I have to get a new MB since I cant make this one reset, so it doesnt fry another CPU, if thats the problem. Are the V Core and Vio listed on the same list of settings? The V something I changed was the first listed and I dont recall a word with a V just a number such as 3v. Why are these settings in a place where I can Mess em up?

Originally posted by Ammok
    and a clearer one for the lovely Kathrina

clear yes, glare major learn how to use lighting!!

relax, ok? I don't suppose you have a spare cpu. did you make sure that the ram and video card are seated properly?

I'm not sure what to advise you to do if you don't know what to do with the jumpers or bios settings. Several people have tried to tell you the same thing.

Did you read the manual yet? the manual should tell you exactly which jumpers to change.

What shop did you take it to? you could just tell them that it stopped working and have them take a look at it. I fear that you may be making matters worse by messing with stuff you don't understand.

check page 2-22 of the manual. it tells you how to clear the cmos there.

Okay. I read the manual. I changed the jumper. Took the battery out for 15 minutes. Still nothing. The nimrod who fixed the computer in the first place took 3months to put in a motherboard, and it cost me an arm and leg. The reason I posted here, was so I could maybe fix it myself with the help of knowledgeable people giving me advice, in hopes of avoiding another costly trip to the so called shop. I wasnt attempting to annoy anyone. Im sorry if that is the case.
    I dont have spare parts, minus my bad motherboard, which I tinkered with before I messed with the new one... looking for the cmos and bios reset jumper...

That guy must be one crappy tech. 3 months? geez.

remove all pci cards and just leave the agp video installed. if you have pci video, then just leave that. disconnect all drives. only have the cpu, ram, video and power supply connected. see if you can power up after that.

Well, I'm outta here. I'm sure the other guys will chime in to help.

ok so is your motherboard powering on ? do u see fans spinning at all anymore?

well in the case nothing turns on make sure the motherboard is plugged in.

for the jumpers when you reset the bios via jumpers you put the jumper on it for about 10 seconds and switched it back right? because if the jumper is still on the wrong spot your comp wont turn on at all.

umm what else.............this is assuming everything is plugged in right?

Make sure the CMOS jumper is in the correct position. Press and hold the Insert key on the keyboard. Press the power button on the computer, see if it turns on. If it does, enter Bios again. Choose the option to load Fail Safe Defaults, choose Save and Exit bios. Now see if the system boots.

On the motherboard itself, find JBAT1 this is the CMOS jumper. Be sure the jumper is on Pins 1 and 2. Pin 1 should be marked as such.

Find J17 this is the FSB 100/133 selector. Remove the jumper from the 2 pins. This will run the fsb at 133.