Thread: Tyan 9600 Pro causing freezing

Tyan 9600 Pro causing freezing

C&C General's Locks my PC up.

Cat 3.7 drivers installed.

tried Underclocking card to 380core/450mem.

It's a *****. Direct X 9 stuff works well

Most games OK.

will cat 3.8 fix it or special C&C patch?

I know its the card the overheat siren goes off and edges look a bit **** can't even get to the menu to turn settings down.

@:?~>$£!#

Banned
    Hey man... i have the same prob.
    C&C Zero Hour... it locks up after some 5.minutes of playing.
    BUT if i play skirmish then it dosen't lock up
    oh yeah... my card is ti4200

Re: Tyan 9600 Pro causing freezing

Originally posted by dazsears
    C&C General's Locks my PC up.

Cat 3.7 drivers installed.

tried Underclocking card to 380core/450mem.

It's a *****. Direct X 9 stuff works well

Most games OK.

will cat 3.8 fix it or special C&C patch?

I know its the card the overheat siren goes off and edges look a bit **** can't even get to the menu to turn settings down.

@:?~>$£!#
    Try using the newest patch for C&C and the newest Cat version. What cooling do you have for your case? Also, what's the rest of your specs? That must be really hot for it to make an alarm to go off.

C&C Generals is version 1.6

Specs are two 80mm Case fans, Celeron 1.4 with Thermaltake volcano 7, 2x256mb PC133, Abit ST6R motherboard, SB Audigy, 3com 10/100 NIC, 450w dual fan PSU,1x DVD Rom, 1x 52 speed CDRW, 2x 80GB IBM Deskstars in Striped Raid and 1 x 60 GB IBM deskstar for data drive.

System runs cool no problems. Generals was OK with 4200ti in same machine. Re-installed General's makes no difference!

XP Pro all up to date, Direct X 9b and Cat 3.7 drivers.

Turn down acceleration in trouble shooting and it runs but Mouse pointer keeps disappearing and to me thats not acceptable.

Works ok on my P3 1ghz with old 4200ti so it got to be my 9600pro for sure specially with the warning beep whenit hangs.

Originally posted by dazsears
    C&C Generals is version 1.6

Specs are two 80mm Case fans, Celeron 1.4 with Thermaltake volcano 7, 2x256mb PC133, Abit ST6R motherboard, SB Audigy, 3com 10/100 NIC, 450w dual fan PSU,1x DVD Rom, 1x 52 speed CDRW, 2x 80GB IBM Deskstars in Striped Raid and 1 x 60 GB IBM deskstar for data drive.

System runs cool no problems. Generals was OK with 4200ti in same machine. Re-installed General's makes no difference!

XP Pro all up to date, Direct X 9b and Cat 3.7 drivers.

Turn down acceleration in trouble shooting and it runs but Mouse pointer keeps disappearing and to me thats not acceptable.

Works ok on my P3 1ghz with old 4200ti so it got to be my 9600pro for sure specially with the warning beep whenit hangs.
    That does sound like the card. Is the warrenty expired yet? Can you still RMA? Those are the options that I would look into.