Thread: Best OC options for 2.4C on AsusP4C800 Deluxe and 1gb corsairtwinx ddr 4000?

Best OC options for 2.4C on AsusP4C800 Deluxe and 1gb corsairtwinx ddr 4000?

Hello all,
    I recently purchased an Intel 2.4C processor, an Asus P4C-800 Deluxe Mobo and 2X 512GB of Corsair TwinX DDR 4000 Memory after much painstaking research and homework. For cooling I use the heatsink and fan that came with the CPU, Arctic Silver Thermal Paste, the fans that were included in my Antec 350 watt powersupply, and two 80mm case fans that I installed so that air would enter the front and exit the rear of my case. I also run the AC in my house so that my room is very cool. Using the standard auto-overclocking in my BIOS I am able to achieve 2.89GHz and 960 FSB using 3-4-4-8 memory timings. Anything over that would not successfully enter windows XP. After I removed my soundblaster card and another PCI card and tried some manual tweaking in the BIOS, I was able to get up to 3.14 GHz. When I replaced the cards I had to readjust back down to 2.89. I know that I should be able to get 3.2 with ease and no further cooling solutions. Does anyone know exactly how I should optimize my OC'ing manually; as far as Vcore voltage, whether or not to mess with PCI/AGP voltage, memory timings, etc. ?

It sounds like you're OC'ing the PCI bus also and you're causing unstability in your SB and the other card. In the bios, under advanced options, you should be go to a setting for PCI/AGP Frequency and lock them down at 33/66. Then you can tweak the CPU external Frequency as much as you want and not have to worry about a PCI or AGP card interfering with your overclock.

Tor