Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: if you had the money will u get an apple?

NO WAY, MAN!
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

Thats offensive.

I'm a Digital Artist and Manga storyboard creator. Keep yer "arty" **** to yourself. I use PC's and Mac's where they have their individual merits, man, so many 'brand' nazi's out there.

Thats a friendly reminder from someone whos starting to get sick of trying to keep the peace on these forums
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

sorry - just had enough of my friend going on and on and on about how wonderful his Mac is and how pc's are for sheep etc. - I realise that this forum is not the place to air my grievances though, so apologies. I thought it was kinda' funny though. Tee hee.

Come on! Apple and IBM-compatible PCs can co-exist together. They've been doing that for quite some time. It's up to the individual on which PC to choose.

For me, I rather choose an IBM-compatible PC. Thank you!
    Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

If I had the money I would get one.

i'd do what i did do lol

lookin at a g4 17, so thats like around 2000 bucks? (is it?)
    assuming so, I'd go and get myself a big @ss tv, like a 32 inch, for 500 bucks, a nice $1500 pc (mmmmmmmm tasty), hook up my klipsch 5.1 and just go nuts.

thats the way to go. i see a mastercard commercial a commin'
    vga box, 19 dollars, nice big digital tv from best buy, 500 dollars, customized pc, 1500 dollars, surround sound to make your neighbors jealous, $329. money you still saved and the envying look of your friend who just purchased a mac, priceless.

im tellin ya, they say, well...mac's look...purty...
    well then, why dont you get GET a g5 enclosure from germany, or a coolermaster wave case, or even that clearall case? that solves it.

just by saying that macs look pretty just says everything. i'd say macs are good for video editing, music composition, and overall entertainment. of course, i'd never know since i would never, ever buy a mac. unless it was 5 bucks.

The two Macs we have were handme downs, hehe, but the G4 400 is pretty much faster than the P3 850 CuMine I'm using.

Kinda ticks me off, then again, hey - a spare system to edit stuff on, Macs seem to have a better memory manager built into their OS then MS-Windows, so stuff like Lightwave and Adobes software seems to run a little better, hence "wherever they have merit"

Re: if you had the money will u get an apple?

Originally posted by memot
    if you got the money to get an powerbook g4 17" will u get it or u will go for a pc?
    id get a pc

My sister bought one a few months ago. I haven't heard from her since. She's probably still trying to get all her win gadgets to work on it.

You can't argue about the build quality of a Mac - we found an old Powerbook the other day that had been sitting in a store room for at least 3 years. I'm in Hong Kong and we have very high humidity levels, so most stuff tends to stop working after a short while. But . . . that old power book booted up no problem. Mind you I still through it away.

Holy ****, can you still dig it out? I'll take it off your hands, if its an old powerbook, one of the black ones (bronze keys at all?) I'll take it, been wanting one of those as a novelty for a while now

sorry - i put it in the bin.

If I had a lot of money I would get a low end macintosh tower(not one of their desk lamps or iMacs)and spend the rest on upgrading my current pc. Macs are something I might use, but doubt I could ever find a great difference between general mac use and general Win/Lin use.

Crappity **** crappy **** crapola craptacular.

See, I woulda paid moolah for that, coulda made a couple quid, your loss

Originally posted by holoflux
    You can't argue about the build quality of a Mac - we found an old Powerbook the other day that had been sitting in a store room for at least 3 years. I'm in Hong Kong and we have very high humidity levels, so most stuff tends to stop working after a short while. But . . . that old power book booted up no problem. Mind you I still through it away.
    I have a 6 year old Hitachi laptop that is just like new. It hasn't missed a beat yet.