Thread: Classpnp.sys BSOD windows XP

Ultimate Member

Classpnp.sys BSOD windows XP

Hmmn, odd oen this, whenever i try and change the size of the pagefile in XP Pro, i can set the new value okay, but as soon as i hit Okay, no matter what value i have entered i get a BSOD reporting an error in classpnp.sys. I havent yet run scandisk but anyone got any ideas while im on?

Cheers all

--Jakk

I guess you could try disabling it then it might let you fiddle the size when you enable it again.

Ultimate Member
    Well, ive cleared the pagefile and ran a full scandisk and its still doing it. Im gonna try disabling it but i reckon it'll just BSOD again

--Jakk

Ultimate Member
    Well well, whadda you know, sorted. Cheers Ted. Runs notably faster as well now i must say

--Jakk

How much RAM do you have, Jakk? (Let me take a WILD stab at it...Crucial, right?)

I've got 1GB on mine, (Crucial...of course and I've messed with the pagefile, big...small, static, system managed. Disabled, defragged...and my best setting is system managed....

Ultimate Member
    2x256Mb Crucial PC2700 CL2.5

I found no page file made the OS feel more responsive and snappy but system managed seems better overall usage. I was trying to change it back from a set swap file to system managed and thats when it started pulling this schizz

--Jakk

I felt the exact opposite. I played with a min 512 and max 1024 Pagefile, no pagefile, then system managed...and the latter made me smile. Of course...a pagefile placed on a Raptor can do that for ya!!