Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bored?

Lightbulb bored?

I wonder what some folks do besides post numerious, meaningless subjects. no life away from the keyboard.??? sad.

SysOpt

Lightbulb

Well, thanks to some of the threads in question I decided to go ahead and disable post count incrementing for Community Forum posts as of now.

Lightbulb

That ought to do the job! LOL

Thumbs down

once the virus has left the host (the community) it shall leave it and find another host (general tech??) and eat away at that then continue the cycle until there is no more UBB to destroy

Thumbs up

Good idea. OK, I really just had to post to see if it really was disabled...

- edit - Yep, it is!

[This message has been edited by howste (edited 09-10-2000).]

SysOpt

Lightbulb

It's not that I want to discourage posts in community, just that this is a tech site afterall and one's post count should reflect a user's level of participation in tech discussions/help.

Ultimate Member

Cool

Good for you Scott. Your decision is supported.

Lightbulb

Well...coming from someone who 'Made the grade' way back when...or at least I've been around here since '97...

I fully support your decision!

Lightbulb

Great!

Now Ablang will have to leave since he wont make it to Ultimate member In record Time
    j/k

Now I will go Put some USEFULL Posts instead of Useless posts

voogru

Lightbulb

unfortunatly there may be truth in BTB earlier statement, (no pun intended) If it were up to me I would do away with ranks for everyone but officials. they could discontinue mine and I wouldn't mind a bit, in fact I find it a detriment, I have had cases where it seemed disapointing to someone that I would ask questions that one of my "high rank" should know
    Ive had many
    questions answered by folke with lower "rank" than I. rank does not indicate level of comp skill. only that the person has made a lot of posts.

Win_98

Lightbulb

very true alondra, someone who know so much about computer may not post much or even any at all. Maybe he has no question to ask or know so much that here aren't much of use to him. Most of us ask dumb question because we know next to nothing when it come to the technical stuff such as " why isn't my monitor working? is my computer fried? my mouse isn't working? etc and we all just have to guess at it and hopefully with with luck it may help solve their problem.

Lightbulb

Win_98, you are right to a point. I myself, have lost some of the motivation to constantly peruse all the tech question pages as a habit. I used to do that every chance I get.

Now I usually offer help mostly via e-mail or icq...and I catch myself in general conversation threads instead.

Oh well, everything changes I guess.

Smile

I agree with all, so far. As a relatively new member I have mostly steered clear of the Community page as there never seemed to be much of interest on it. I came here seeking help for pc probs and stayed here to try and learn more. And, perhaps, to help someone else with my own limited knowledge. Try to anyway.

Guess I got bored! haha

Was checking to see how often I posted in Community and found this gem. Seems to be the post that ended post counting in Community. hehe

Just funny how things change, is all.

So when did the Count in Community was re-activated?

since i joined, i remembered, at least being told the posting in Community never counted, which was true

if it came back on, i didn't noticed it

i guess it wont matter now

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5