Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ebay!! Should I be scared yet?

ebay!! Should I be scared yet?

I won an auction on ebay. The person has no feedback, yahoo address. She answered my email and said she will ship ups, with a tracking number. I should get it by the end of the week. (Auction was "Seller pays all shipping cost", but didn't say anythihg else about it).

I payed with payPal. After I payed, she notifide me that she had sent it. She sent it through the post office. No tracking number. Now, she says it will be here in a week or so (middle of next week).

I'm not sure how to react to this. Does things like this happen where it doesn't go like planned, but still works out ok? How normal is this for ebay?

Do I start a complant against her, or do I waite untill next week to see if I got ripped off? What is there to do? When? Thank you, Chris.

Re: ebay!! Should I be scared yet?

Originally posted by 1Chris
    I won an auction on ebay. The person has no feedback, yahoo address. She answered my email and said she will ship ups, with a tracking number. I should get it by the end of the week. (Auction was "Seller pays all shipping cost", but didn't say anythihg else about it).

I payed with payPal. After I payed, she notifide me that she had sent it. She sent it through the post office. No tracking number. Now, she says it will be here in a week or so (middle of next week).

I'm not sure how to react to this. Does things like this happen where it doesn't go like planned, but still works out ok? How normal is this for ebay?

Do I start a complant against her, or do I waite untill next week to see if I got ripped off? What is there to do? When? Thank you, Chris.
    Well! You have to take a risk when doing transaction thru Internet. Sometimes, you can never know what is happening on the other side. Right? Good luck!

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever

I have puchased many items through Ebay and was never ripped off. Give her a chance to perform.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Intimate Member
    I have bought stuff from eBay for over 4 years...probably more like 6. I have won most, and lost a couple...the wins outweigh the losses. When I say win, I mean get what I bid on and it works. You need to wait for the time to elapse. If it comes (which it probably will...she must be new to eBay if she has no feedback, and may not know just how to deal with people yet.

If after next week, (give the Post Office time) email her again. I sent a payment for a heatsink from SC to Tenn. a few months ago, and it took the $%#$ USPS 12 days to deliver a 1st class piece of mail..

Be cool...

billforce, You have never been ripped off. How many times have you had a deal change after you paid?

yeah just be patient and give her some times

i've purchased many items in eBay, all sastifactory and it has always been that way

i certainly will hope it remains like that

just like you the one i'm waiting for this time, is been shipped via normal us postal mail

so we'll see how it turns out

i just payed for something over the weekend

but at least this guy has good reference so far

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

I had somthing sent to me by Postal mail. It had a number I looked up and it said that it a package had been recived for shippment. After I got it I saw on the website that it said it was delivered. It wasn't tracking, but at least I know it was shipped. With this, I have to waite over a week just to know if it even got shipped.

yeah, i'm the same shoes

i've the tracking #

but everytime i check, it says it has not even been picked up yet

but they guy said it was send alredy

chances are i'll be getting it by tomorrow
    and the stupid website still shows the same

the guy lives just on the next state to mine

so normally mails takes 1 to 3 days to arrive

and this is the 2nd day already

i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, VG278H(3x27")+3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(x2), OCZ ZX1250W, 256GB Vertex4(x2), Seagate 3TB(x5), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600, Z560THX, T.Flight Hotas, PZ35, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5

Save copies of all e-mails and give them to fraud at e-bay. She stated she would send UPS at end of auction, but upon being paid she said she shipped USPS. And me personally when a customer requests shipping via USPS I always make sure a signature is required upon delivery so the miscreant doesnt try and pull mail fraud on me. USPS tracking can be done as well and doesnt cost all that much extra. It's actually a part of the return receipt requested shipping.

Hay, good idea on saving the emails. I just about deleted my deleted items folder today. I sent her a letter today and never got a return yet.

Why did I do this? I can't beleve I bid on somthing without any feedback. It was ending in a few minutes and had to bid quick. Should of waited.

I would of rather she laughed at me and said you got ripped off then to not know anything. I got to stress out for a week or more before I even know anything.

I did some searching on several different web sites. Nothing came up with her name and city.
    I hope I get a reply to my email tomorrow.

I hope you didn't get hit too bad. I have bought from eBay dozens of times and had one problem, which was quickly resolved.

Most sellers I dealt with used FedEx and always came through. My son, on the other hand, sold some RAM and made the mistake of using "Priority Mail" through USPS, didn't get insurance, no tracking. Long story short, the guy on the other end "claims" he never got it, my son refunds the money. So it swings both ways.

Best advice is stick with "Power Sellers" til you've gotten some experience and can sort of feel these people out before bidding.

Originally posted by 1Chris
    billforce, You have never been ripped off. How many times have you had a deal change after you paid?
    Never, the only dispute I have had was over a freight charge, when I complained to Ebay the supplier refunded 1/2 of the freight charge. Maybe it is just the items that I bid on were accurately described.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Hi

try this board on Ebay it's a chat site and ask them,they can help

http://forums.ebay.ca/forum.jsp?forum=7
    cheers

This is so troublesome! I thought Internet transaction should be easy and worry-free.

Give a man a fish
    It will feed him for a day
    Give a man a fishing rod
    It will feed him forever