Thread: What speed is my AMD Athlon 2000+

What speed is my AMD Athlon 2000+

I bought a system in March and everyyhing is going fine, however I have noticed something that I would like to clarify. My system has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ however when I run a diagnostic tool to tell me what speed the processor is running at it says 1245mhz, it also tells me that my motherboard is running at a max speed of 1250mhz. My prcessor should be faster than this so I am wondering if I need to reset the jumpers on my mother board to increase the clock speed. The only other thing that I can think of is that the wrong processor was installed from day one. My motherboard is an ECS K7S5A
    Note that the BIOS is telling me that my CPU type is Athlon XP and from what I can see from the net the XP range does not fall bellow 1800mhz.
    Does anyone know what is going on??

Your system should be running at 12.5 x 133fsb or 1.66G. Right now it's set to 12.5 x 100fsb. You'll either have to change a jumper on the mother board or change it in the bios.
    AMD Opty 165 2900 actual mhzzzzzz's
    Assrock 939dualSata

Exactly what JCB said; also, you may need to upgrade your BIOS in order to allow support for your CPU - check this website: http://www.ecs.com.tw/download/k7s5a.htm - there's a specific update for that.

Oh, and welcome to SysOpt!

I believe for your board, it is in the BIOS, you want to set the FSB 133/133.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Thanks guys. Seting my FSB to 133 has sorted the problem!

Good, glad it is all set.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure