Thread: OC an Athlon 1.33ghz Tbrd

OC an Athlon 1.33ghz Tbrd

any good programs OC through windows??? i would like to get this proc to 1.5, as i have read that this is the farthest stable point on this proc

IMO, OC through windows sucks. Have yet to see a decent program. Do it the ol' fashioned good way and go throught the BIOS.

Ultimate Member
    The higher end tbirds aint good overclockers simply because theyre pushing the core and produce a lto of heat anyways. The most i managed to get a 266 FSB 1.33 was to about 1.43

This is in contrast with a 1ghz 200FSB chip that would do 1.55ghz...

Good luck, but i thing your gonna have to go delving at voltages to hit 1.5ghz.

--Jakk

having said that you don't need to employ the pencil or silver trick - it works straight away (the 1.33 & 1.4 tbirds are already unlocked).

Stefan
    Stefan

Ultimate Member
    the 1.33 & 1.4 tbirds are already unlocked
    Yup, i could only manage to raise the muliplier by anoth 0.5x nor else it was totally unstable

--Jakk

well, how would i raise the multiplier then by .5???? cant do it through the bios, as the only thing i can change is the FSB

Ultimate Member
    If it isnt in the BIOs its possible its controlled by DIP switches on the board

--jakk

you can raise the multiplier to 11.5 and the fsb to 138 to get to its highest stable level, that is what i have been able to get it too and that makes it about 1.5ghz, if you have good cooling, then you might be able to get it a little bit higher than that.

no DIP switches on the board at all, but i found a work around...someone sent me a link for a custom bios that lets me take the board to the max and overclock the hell outta it...i have excellent cooling(2 fan grills on each side of the case with a dragonORB 3 5400 rpm fan and an 80mm sleeve bearing fan, with more to come, as my case supports 12 fans) and i am into lookin at a liquid cooling system...first things first though, i need about 3 to 7 gram tube of arctic silver thermal paste...am running the proc with just HSF on top, no thermal paste...any ideas on where to get a tube for extremely cheep???

why so much thermal grease? That much will start to make the transfer of heat poorer...What the thermal grease is designed to do is smooth out imperfections in the base of the HS giving a clean contact not transfer the heat.

Stefan
    Stefan

any ideas on where to get a tube for extremely extremely cheep???

Go to newegg and get a tube of Arctic Silver 3 for six bucks. Follow the application instructions at the link for best cooling results.

kewl...thanx..reason for a 3 to 7 gram tube is so i have some for the other systems i own...and some to spare for when i am upgrading and repairing others systems

Ultimate Member
    The tbird 1.333 should be factory unlocked... That being said, you probably won't get much out of that processor. The highest tbred available is 1.4Gig, which produced a LOT of heat. One of my boxes is using a 1.333g tbird, and the highest I was able to clock it was to 1.4. Anything higher and it wouldn't be very stable.