Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTB - PIII 800 or better

WTB - PIII 800 or better

hokay - bought a CPU in "mint condition" here that was DOA - not getting a refund because I guess "mint condition" means it's really pretty, but doesn't mean it'll work

so obviously still looking for one - this time I'll need references, ratings, heatware or better be a very recognizable name on these forums please

this is so I can upgrade my 8 year-olds computer to run C&C Generals - his Celeron 900 isn't enough, and having bought 2 other PIIIs, and a few video cards for the other 2 guys just to run this stupid game - feel free to be charitable with an old guy just trying to budget

anyone?

p.s. and for those of you who might suggest next time that I read the game box and specs please don't pick on me - and I guess it was time for me to do some upgrades for the kids anyway

900mhz should be enough. You sure you don't have a small video card?

Reason why I say it is because my G/F's little bro runs that game on a 900mhz T-bird but he has a MX200 64mb vid card. And it runs smoothly.

Originally posted by gjimene2
    900mhz should be enough. You sure you don't have a small video card?

Reason why I say it is because my G/F's little bro runs that game on a 900mhz T-bird but he has a MX200 64mb vid card. And it runs smoothly.
    I did buy SiS 315 video cards for all three computers - did the trick for the other two, because they have PIII 933s running

you know, I'd give it a try - just put the celeron 900 in the IBM mobo two nights ago - C&C says game requires PIII 800 mhz or better.......

only problem is the IBM board was from a NetVista - no AGP slot so I'm either going to a new board and PIII cpu, or buying a PCI video card (they ain't cheap from what I can tell) because the SiS card obviously is a no go....

probably better off spending a little more just upgrading the mobo and cpu and using the third video card?

p.s. no replies here so I'll search user to user, or I guess it's time to go shopping this time I'll make sure I buy from the right guy
    Last edited by rmanet; 04-09-2003 at 10:42 AM.

i have a socket 370 P3 1.4 ghz proc with the stock heatsink(no fan, as this is a gateway pull, and there was no fan with it from gateway) that i can possibly sell for 45 bux...the guy i got it from told me to go ahead and sell off the parts from this gateway and get cash to build him a new system....LMK whatcha wanna do

-KwiK

your PM is full - sent two e-mails - LMK

p.s. sorry I'm late - had to replace power steering pump (actually went okay - miracles do occur from time to time) and fix some older systems for some non-profits - have to deliver tomorrow a.m. 10 PST
    Last edited by rmanet; 04-10-2003 at 11:00 PM.

YGEM

Warning......

Before buying that p3 1.4 chip you might check this thread and specifically this post......

http://www.xtremepccentral.com/forum...8310#post28310

Rmanet, make sure your board can run tualatin p3's or can handle a convertor like this one . Please tell me that is not a p3-S LordKwiKSilva00.

hey *** ***, i retested the proc with another gateway board, and it worked...all is well with the proc...the mobo i had it in was fried...

*** Lets watch the language ***
    Last edited by Steve R Jones; 04-14-2003 at 08:53 PM.

LordK,

You would be well advised not to call me names...... I pointed out that thread as You were to have included that proc in the listed deal but you got out of doing so (weasled?) your way out of that by claiming it was bad. but then you offer it here for sale but not at XPC or to offer it to Madfish to whom you offered it to first?

I see that you have been staying away from XPC in dealing...Is it because you have been seen to be a less than reputable trader?

Is that a 512KB cache "server" Tualatin P3, LKS? I'd like to know if those will work in all Tualatin boards. I've never seen a write-up on that issue yet. Most Tualatin board makers only specify a P3 1.2GHz as the maximum.

As far as the issue at XTremePC goes, I'm sure that Madfish knows about this deal by now. Better watch your step, LKS.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Darn right I know about this NOW, I want that cpu and mainboard you promised to me in the first place and later claimed was dead, cough it up bud.
    I'm also still waiting for that 56k modem

MADFISH
    Space Cat to the Rescue!

mntsnow-------> sorry bout that, typo

madfish-------> when i tested the proc b4, it was with the original board that it came with...the board was dead, and i thought the proc was too...that is why i told ya...i retested it in another gateway(like the one the proc came outta originally) on a different motherboard, and it worked... i sent ya that other mobo/proc combo as an exchange on this one, which i thought where dead...

BilpolarBill--------> i emailed(or msg'd...not sure which one exactly, but i believe it was the latter of the 2) about the speed of this proc...i misquoted myself, and i told him that it was 1.1ghz(roughly 1100 mhz) it is tualatin from what i can tell

ya know something Brain, I could say alot about the way you've acted during our deal, I could start a flame war, but I willn't. sysopt is my second home, I usally lurk here now days, and I also have alot of respect for mods steve and bill.
    I will let you know this:
    I workhard in my sparetime donating machines and time to folks, the homeless shelter, the boys club and the scouts, {boys and girls}, and I had a three cubscouts waiting on that 56k modem for a group scouting project. they were very diapointed that they missed the deadline for their project.

And folks that mobo he sent was a POS aopen with a 200 mhz that took 72 pin ram and don't work.

In my opion your a very poor trader, a liar and a troll.

Steve,, Bill,,, I have nothing eles to say on this.

{back to lurking mode}
    Space Cat to the Rescue!

jim, that board worked, i know this for a fact...i ran it for 3 weeks then i upgraded to the intel P3 system...let me see what i can round up for ya, and i will send ya another motherboard and proc...will try to find ya a board that supports a 500 P3 and the proc to go with it