Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So I guess it's Goodbye ...

In almost every forum i've been to the off topic is the most visited and most posted forum.
    That may be the problem! Admin may believe it will lose a competitive advantage in the computer niche. General discussion doesn't have a future.

Originally posted by KenKeith

That may be the problem! Admin may believe it will lose a competitive advantage in the computer niche. General discussion doesn't have a future.
    But at least we're still here discussing something whilst waiting for a noob with a problem. It's got to be better than having no patronage at all ...or even a dimminished patronage.

doesnt make any sense. none whatsoever. shouldnt be a community forum anymore. treating us like **** 12 year olds, the community thread is seperate from other threads, politcal argument are politcal arguments, not some permanent social grudge.

this has gone from bad to worse. im out.

I think what Steve has said should be taken on board. If you continue to p*ss about and start saying "You might as well..." it destroys it for the rest of us who enjoy posting things other than about the war.
    It is a shame those have been made, and it is a shame they are imposed but thats life. Accept it and move on.

Stefan

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Perhaps,

Unfriendly forces have taken over Sysopt Towers & are currently holding the mods & admin under house arrest!

That particular announcment could of been a coded call for help

Whats that Stevo running low on doughnuts!!

I agree with Strawbs comments:
    But at least we're still here discussing something whilst waiting for a noob with a problem. It's got to be better than having no patronage at all ...or even a dimminished patronage.
    Granted members with technical knowledge have a finite time to donate to technical questions. But I don't believe there would be a crowding out of tech responses in favor of general discussions. The appropriate view is to understand general discussions enhance by appealing to a wider audience and then introduce those viewers to the board's assets.

Discouraging participation by restricting a free flow of ideas is counter productive.

Maybe it's just a case of somebody at the top didn't like what was being said and pulled the plug.

A very immature attitude if you ask me.

I wouldn't be suprised to see myself being banned for saying this, but sometimes somebody has got to show some stones and call a spade a effin' shovel.

cheers.

Gone
    My take on it is. Someone higher up is very sensitive. If they dont agree with what is being said they cry and have it shut down. Like a child. Politics no longer allowed =big surprise guys. religion isnt allowed either -(I KNOW). Well unless its pure Christian-wonder why that is. Maybe the owners influence. Im sure of it! And yes it is a privitly owned forum but its paid for by adds. Adds we view when posting to all subjects wether community or not. They want less hits ($) on their slow loading adds -then go for it. me Im not really upset. Ive been avoiding the community forum mostly due to past similar situations of heavy modding.

By the way sysopt the no wrong doers. Why the HE!! you loading a tracking cookie on the users here. Think they may like to know that. Oh see its not all one sided is it. Get yer hand caught in the cookie jar. that really pisses me off to the point of where I have felt like moving on past this place. Thats just rude inconcidrate and juvinile. Especially at a tech site. Ya know were gonna catch ya on it too. So if your closing subjects-then take back yer **** cookies too!

Ultimate Member
    So when the revolution starts P4 is first against the wall to be shot i take it

--Jakk

Originally posted by Steve R Jones
    "Might as well get rid of the whole category."

That's the bottom line. The community forum has been and always will be on the verge of shutting down. Jupitermdia owns 70+ sites. SysOpt is the last and only one to have an off topic forum.

Not talking about a few subject shouldn't be too much to ask.
    I would hate to see this forum go. Where else can I ask about my transmission trouble or whatever?
    Having said that, censorship stinks. The free spirit in me rebels.
    Perhaps it would help if we knew the reason behind it. Most of us are motivated by money. I could relate to that!

Censorship is total cavalier B.S. by closed minds....The bare @ssed facts are that the powers to be still hold the ultimate weapon in the form of the ban stick...If an individual stirs up the cesspool too much, then adios!, but to ban subjects is unconscionable and childish behavior suggesting the inability to control the situation by management.
    The attraction of the open community forum as STATED in the title
    Give you mind a rest from tech..........etc., then retracting the exact policy that attracted you initially shows a cavalier attitude that I do not appreciate or even need.
    ¨You can't play with my football¨is childish and immature. A healthy exchange of ideas is the attraction, not censorship....I can get that at home thank you.
    If I am in fact banned for this dissertation, then so be it...I have no time for small minds...
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the people I have met here, fine bunch of chaps.....my sentiments do not follow for management.
    I simply do not subscribe to the fact that the boss isn't always right, but is still the boss.
    I am critical ONLY because mangement weaseled on their own policies, furthermore just because it is your policy doesn´t necessarily make it RIGHT! ADIOS muchaco¨s.
    "Never corner something that's meaner than you are"

Originally posted by jad1097
    I think you may be confused. The "General Tech Discussion" forum is for just that. A few years ago the tech forum was used as a general forum. This is a anything goes forum as long as there is no flaming. It has been since the day of it's creation!
    Forum title: SysOpt.community

Tagline: "Give your brain a rest from the tech-talk and come discuss anything else that's on your mind."

Author of title & tagline: ...ME! and don't you forget it.

"ME" is a.k.a Ultimate Naming Wizard, a.k.a OuTpaTienT, a.k.a OuT...of here. (See ya'lls next time I accidentally stumble into here. )

And yes it is a privitly owned forum but its paid for by adds. Adds we view when posting to all subjects wether community or not.
    Good point. The thing is the ads are not for most of the heavy poster here who answer the questions. We know about the products and do not need an ad to tell us how good or bad they are.

The ads are for the one or two time posters who come here to get answers to there questions.

I have seen in other sites Mods or policys that have driven away the main posters. Eventually the site died due to lack of people.

I do not think that people come here because of the front page info, but more for the forms.

My next to last post for a while.

I, for one, am getting tired of the ads slowing the load times. Geez!!

Also, why not a political or war forum so that the more sensitive of the members can avoid the issues of the day?

Bill
    I don't want to go off on a rant here but,....

I agree with Bill. Without war/politics this place is as bad as a Forum which allows War/Politics threads which are censored or only views which Mods endorse.

If anyone is sensitive to critisism of the War or US Troops, they can always avoid reading threads.

Censorship or Prohibition never solves anything.