Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite CD-R Media

Originally posted by GJGJR12
    i think that cheap works just as well as the expensive stuff

what do u use then ND?
    Cheap is cheap for some reason. Brand name is not always a reason for higher price, but higher quality is.
    My first burner was a monstrous 1x Panasonic with its own controller, back in very early 90's. So I got some experience in the field.
    How many brands I've used since then ? Dozens and dozens, including the most known brands in Europe and USA. In the past few years, my favorites were Sony and TDK, series from Tayo Yuden, the best OEM manufacturer IMHO
    I'm now with Verbatim, probably for two years already, or at least since I got my TEAC burner.

I really like the DataLifePlus series, made by Mitsubishi Chemicals. All my music is stored on them now, and all the important/valuable data too. Jewel case in a 10 pack box, DataLifePlus Super Azo, 48x. DataLife series are cheaper, and generally made by CMC Magnetics, so I only use it for usual data/game backups. Super slim in a 25 pack box, 32x.
    Sure, it's not cheap. But in the most cases, I can't afford myself to lose a data. Trying to recover something from a bad disc or look for it all over the Net ? Thanks, NO.
    Not that cheap "brands" are so bad. It simply bothers me when I can see a surface defects by my eyes ...
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

Memorex Black...

Trash it!... Kill it!... Cut it!...

It will always be working...