Thread: wierd colorshift when turning monitor 90*

wierd colorshift when turning monitor 90*

Hi Guys,
    this really puzzles me,
    when watching a dvd on my pc i need to turn the monitor for about 90 degrees to be able to see from my couch.
    But the colors change on the right and upper right side of the monitor to a strange orange and violet. there are no speakers close to the monitor, only a desklamp and a modem. the speakers are like 3 feet away.
    so why that colorshift on the samsung syncmaster955df????
    any ideas how to fix that???
    thanks in advance.
    patrick
    pat

i have a KDS xf-9p and had the same problem, there was an orange-violet reflection when viewed from an angle. there was some kind of coating on the screen so i used some glass cleaner (not windex) and it came off.

ps. i also rembered when i had my nec multisync 70 for a while the cable got "worn out". it would produce all sorts of colours if you touched the cable. try fiddling around with the cables and see if it works

Ultimate Member
    This is because you are on Earth. When you rotate the CRT against the magnetic field of Earth, two things happen: You magnetize the shadow mask, and the beam deflection is influenced in a different way.
    Things to do: Degauss the monitor (from its menu, or by turning it off and back on), and adjust the color convergence as needed.

thanks guys,
    the degauss removed the colorshift completely.
    patrick
    pat