Page 48 of 82 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 ... LastLast

Thread: POST YOUR 3DMARK 2003 SCORES HERE!!!!

Originally posted by Bob05
    What's the Honey X BIOS do?
    After I had bought the mobo, I looked around for a BIOS update, as I normally do every so often (you know the importance of a good BIOS right) and came across a K7S58 forum where everyone preached the brilliance of someone called Honey X...a self proclaimed bios magician!!! He reprograms, to improve, a regular BIOS with hex file testing to a degree I've never seen before. The impression i got was that he's a rare beast...a level headed overclocker!!! I read a lot of posts to get a better picture before trusting a bios flash to a man i don't know and read only good so trusted him and flashed with his version of the Ami-BIOS for this board. He put extra options on the screen (most i dont touch) but importantly, added the overclocking options on a simple menu. My whole system seemed to run much more smoothly with very few crashes at all, probably one every few months if that. If you've got a K7S58 then give it a try. I think the latest version is still something like 28/12/02 and has been on my system since two days after its release.

Ultimate Member
    Whats with the new Catalysts being 3.10?
    3.8, 3.9, 3.10

**Isn't 3.10 = 3.1?

Originally posted by cwin
    Whats with the new Catalysts being 3.10?
    3.8, 3.9, 3.10

**Isn't 3.10 = 3.1?
    Normally 3.10 = 3.1.

Ultimate Member
    Someone explained this in a post a while back, the numbers in the Catalyst driver names arent in sequential order.

The three stands for 2003 and the .10 signifies the tenth driver release of the year.

At least i think its something like that

--Jakk

Originally posted by Jizumonkey
    After I had bought the mobo, I looked around for a BIOS update, as I normally do every so often (you know the importance of a good BIOS right) and came across a K7S58 forum where everyone preached the brilliance of someone called Honey X...a self proclaimed bios magician!!! He reprograms, to improve, a regular BIOS with hex file testing to a degree I've never seen before. The impression i got was that he's a rare beast...a level headed overclocker!!! I read a lot of posts to get a better picture before trusting a bios flash to a man i don't know and read only good so trusted him and flashed with his version of the Ami-BIOS for this board. He put extra options on the screen (most i dont touch) but importantly, added the overclocking options on a simple menu. My whole system seemed to run much more smoothly with very few crashes at all, probably one every few months if that. If you've got a K7S58 then give it a try. I think the latest version is still something like 28/12/02 and has been on my system since two days after its release.
    Yeah, I'm buying a K7S5A Pro, and I wanted to know if that Honey X added stablity. Right out of the box I have to flash my BIOS (old BIOS revisons won't see the Duron 1.6 properly). And since I am flashing the BIOS, I might as well see if I can get one with O/C'ing features. Theres another BIOS I could use, but I forget the name. I might have to check that one as well.

Originally posted by bob05
    Yeah, I'm buying a K7S5A Pro, and I wanted to know if that Honey X added stablity. Right out of the box I have to flash my BIOS (old BIOS revisons won't see the Duron 1.6 properly). And since I am flashing the BIOS, I might as well see if I can get one with O/C'ing features. Theres another BIOS I could use, but I forget the name. I might have to check that one as well.
    Bob....here's the forum page.

http://pub140.ezboard.com/fk7s5amotherboardforumfrm6

There's info, testimonials from other users and somewhere, i got an iso file to burn to cd. The cd is then bootable and contains the latest image to flash with. The version I have seems to be the lst one he did which is 09/12/02 but like I said, it's been in my system for a year now and stability is rock solid with an overclocked Athlon.

There's info, testimonials from other users and somewhere, i got an iso file to burn to cd. The cd is then bootable and contains the latest image to flash with. The version I have seems to be the lst one he did which is 09/12/02 but like I said, it's been in my system for a year now and stability is rock solid with an overclocked Athlon.
    Hey. Do you by any chance know if the K75SA Pro supports the new Duron Applebreds?

Thanxs

Hey. Do you by any chance know if the K75SA Pro supports the new Duron Applebreds?

Thanxs

Have a read around the forum is your best bet...from a lot of time I've spent there lately, I do remember reading that the mobo does support the new processors such as the Barton but the BIOS isn't configured for their higher multiplier ratings....therefore, anyone trying to use them with the K7S5A will have to software mod the multiplier or do a wire jumpoer trick but you'd be better off reading more yourself to find out exactly what's going on!

Have a read around the forum is your best bet...from a lot of time I've spent there lately, I do remember reading that the mobo does support the new processors such as the Barton but the BIOS isn't configured for their higher multiplier ratings....therefore, anyone trying to use them with the K7S5A will have to software mod the multiplier or do a wire jumpoer trick but you'd be better off reading more yourself to find out exactly what's going on!
    Yeah, I will just spent about $5 more for a XP 1700+ and avoid all the confusion (and gain some performance).

totally shocked after performing the 03 test.....
    look at my computer:

running windows XP professional
    AMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 Driver 4.4.0.3 <---using innovision
    1G of RAM (Samsung DDR 400 512 RAM x2)
    Magic Pro K7N2.0
    Maxtor HD 76.33 GB

and my score is....697!!
    i could only get 69xx marks for the 2001 version as well...

can anybody tell me what's the problem? i can't believe that i could only get such a low mark with my system......

Originally posted by silverhawk
    totally shocked after performing the 03 test.....
    look at my computer:

running windows XP professional
    AMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ 2.0 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600 Driver 4.4.0.3 <---using innovision
    1G of RAM (Samsung DDR 400 512 RAM x2)
    Magic Pro K7N2.0
    Maxtor HD 76.33 GB

and my score is....697!!
    i could only get 69xx marks for the 2001 version as well...

can anybody tell me what's the problem? i can't believe that i could only get such a low mark with my system......
    Download the new 53.03 Detonator's: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

That will should give you your correct score.

Originally posted by bob05
    Download the new 53.03 Detonator's: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

That will should give you your correct score.
    thx for that i've updated my driver~
    the new score is 2951. not bad i think~
    Last edited by silverhawk; 12-26-2003 at 01:20 PM.

Latest bash at 2003.......5780

System:
    AMD XP2800 Barton @ 2.37Ghz (214*11)
    1Gb Corsair XMS TwinX DDR400 (5,3,3,2)
    ABIT NF7-S Version2
    ATI Radeon 9700pro (Core 384, Mem 337.5)
    SoundBlaster Audigy2
    120GB Western Digital Hard Drive (7200, 8Mb)
    Attached Images Attached Images

System:
    2.4c
    865PERL
    r9800np (420/315) not max, everyday use settings
    Audigy MP3+
    2x256 Corsair ddr400LL
    3DMARK03: 5992
    CPU: 2.4c
    MOBO: Intel 865PERL
    RAM: TWINX512-3200LL
    HSF: TT P4 SPARK 7+