Originally posted by Bob05
What's the Honey X BIOS do?
After I had bought the mobo, I looked around for a BIOS update, as I normally do every so often (you know the importance of a good BIOS right) and came across a K7S58 forum where everyone preached the brilliance of someone called Honey X...a self proclaimed bios magician!!! He reprograms, to improve, a regular BIOS with hex file testing to a degree I've never seen before. The impression i got was that he's a rare beast...a level headed overclocker!!! I read a lot of posts to get a better picture before trusting a bios flash to a man i don't know and read only good so trusted him and flashed with his version of the Ami-BIOS for this board. He put extra options on the screen (most i dont touch) but importantly, added the overclocking options on a simple menu. My whole system seemed to run much more smoothly with very few crashes at all, probably one every few months if that. If you've got a K7S58 then give it a try. I think the latest version is still something like 28/12/02 and has been on my system since two days after its release.