Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alaris QuickVideo weeCam Driver

Re: Re: Alaris QuickVideo weeCam Driver

Originally posted by DigitalChaos

I've got the CD-Rom with the original drivers on it, I'd be happy to e-mail you the drivers if you still want them. I know that there is a 'updated' version around somewhere, because I found them once before.

Let me know...

-Chris
    I'm interested! I have the AlarisWeeCam.zip file, and when I go to install the driver, it tells me the INF file doesn't contain hardware information. I have the parallel version of the cam. If you could send me a ZIP of the drivers, I would greatly appreciate it!

Oh wow, count me in too! tooie@aol.com

may the karma gods always smile on you!!

Re: Re: Alaris QuickVideo weeCam Driver

Originally posted by DigitalChaos

I've got the CD-Rom with the original drivers on it, I'd be happy to e-mail you the drivers if you still want them. I know that there is a 'updated' version around somewhere, because I found them once before.

Let me know...

-Chris
    CHRIS: i could sure use a copy of those drivers. my cam is the
    (fgb vooo 003400) usb wee cam. i would appreciate it if u could send them in exc. format. as i am having trouble unzipping properly i think , from drivers guide.

THANK-U MIKE
    fierroroyale@wmconnect.com

Alaris

Alaris went out of business and I've tried many things, including the fact that I have v1.35 of the software and it STILL doesn't work with XP. Throw the POS in the garbage and go to www.pricewatch.com and pick up a Logitech Quickcam for $23.00 (WHICH INCLUDES SHIPPING!!!)....it's over. Alaris is dead and they have no plans ANYWHERE to come out with working drivers for XP. Also, this camera likes to freeze up sometimes for no reason other than to show just what kind of company Alaris is....even in 98se....so buckle down and buy Logitech....we KNOW they aren't going anywhere but up.

$23 isn't a lot for a new QUALITY webcam that can actually do 640x480.

Look, you probably, like me, got your Alaris cam free with Earthlink, so it's BOUND to have given you it's use for what you paid for it....NOTHING.

Alaris BITES!

Alaris Weecam Drivers for 98 & Known Issues With Windows XP

By the by....I thought you also might like to know what happens if you FORCE driver install in Windows XP:

I have the latest version I've seen on the internet of the Alaris USB WeeCam (v1.35) software. which I will post a link to at the bottom of this post.

I started the install in Windows XP Professional....when it gave me the warning that the drivers were unsigned (not approved by MicroSoft), and my dumb ***** decided to install anyway. That turned out to be my demise (lamans term=BAD IDEA). I should have known better, but I was desperate. It ended up totally removing my CD-ROM drives (which I was able to get back once I uninstalled the software and started a search for new hardware), but it caused some other massive problems with other hardware that I can't recall off the top of my head, but I will say that after installing the software in Windows XP, I had to reformat (erase ALL information on my system) and reinstall Windows XP. It's a good thing I'm a tech of sorts, and know what I am doing (formatting and reinstalling can be a HUGE task).

These drivers are for 9x systems....I don't know about Windows ME (as I don't use that OS.....it's too unstable of an Operating System for all I do). I run dual boot (When my PC boots up, it asks me if I want to load up Windows 98 SE {Second Edition} or Windows XP Professional, and the drivers work decently on the 98 SE side....but I will NEVER try to install them again in XP!

This link is my own personal hosting, which won't be up much longer, so take advantage of it while you can.

Remember, this is v1.35 of the software, and I would only suggest running the Alaris on 95, 98 or 98 SE. If you install this software on any other OS (Operating System), you are on your own. The file size is just a little over 4 megs, and since my site doesn't allow over 4 megs per file, I've split it up into two files. YOU WILL NOT NEED WINRAR OR WINZIP TO UNCOMPRESS THESE FILES. I have made it into an exe, so all you have to do is download both files into the same directory, then double click the first one (alarisweeusb.part1) and choose a directory to uncompress the setup files into. Then go into that directory and double click on SETUP.EXE. (Note: there is also a file called removedr.exe which you should run first if you've tried to install any other software for the Alaris USB WeeCam...this will remove any old drivers for the WeeCam that you may have installed in the past. Those old drivers can & will cause problems if you don't uninstall them before installing this newest software).

http://www.orbevo.com/files/alariswe...eusb.part1.exe
    http://www.orbevo.com/files/alariswe...eusb.part2.rar

There you go. Those are the two files for the COMPLETE software (and drivers) that you'll need for the WeeCam. Again, take advantage of it while you can because my site WILL be no more within a couple of months. I've downloaded these files after I uploaded them to test if the upload was complete and all was successful.

I hope this helps.

DreamerSpawn

help! need the driver :)

hi, i would too like to partake in the sharing of the driver.. i have been looking all over for it... alas! i might actually be able to get it... if you would be so kind as to email it to me ... ibsparkly@yahoo.com
    thanks SO much!!!!!!!

Yeah the cameria is a POS. I don't care now, it is not worth the time.
    Samsung SyncMaster 2343bwx
    XFX 680i LT
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    4x OCZ SLI-Ready DDR2 800MHz 2048MB
    2x eVGA GeForce GTX 465 SC SLI
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB
    LiteON DH20A3H
    LG GGW-H20L
    LG GSA-H10L
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Re: Alaris QuickVideo weeCam Driver

Hello, I am new to this and I have the drivers for you that will get your weecam to work.
    Let me know and I will send you the correct drivers...it works for all operating systems.

Originally posted by Duke523
    I have a Alaris QuickVideo weeCam. I can't find drivers for xp or other operating systems. The website is no longer up and so I download its software and works with cam, but there is no .ini file for its driver so windows can use it too. I know it is a p.o.s. cam but hey I still can use it. I did have the drivers for it but lost them, prob. in a system crash. If anyone can help me, thanks.

I had installed the 1.35 driver under xp before and it worked fine but I needed to follow the instructions from Alaris' web site. After I reinstalled xp and found out their web site was no longer up, I couldn't get it to work. Anyone knows or remembers how to install the driver? Thanks,

Chris!!!!

Thank u Chris yur a god send davidlg76@datalinkok.com

hiya people, i just got a lovely lil alaris weecam but the cd is totally rubber ducked so i cant install the drivers please take pity on a damsil in distress and email me the drivers for the paralell port,i shall love you for the rest of ma life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    blonde_bimbo1302@hotmail.com

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by blonde_bimbo130
    please take pity on a damsil in distress

if u int gona say nefin helpful then y bother???!!!!

you need to read his posts in the community forum to understand, BB, but I am sure JM would be over the moon to help a damsel in distress especially a blonde one.

Not saying he's a dirty old geezer or nuthin like that of course.........................
    Life is a bowl of cherries

nah im sure he int a dirty old bloke
    stop flirtin wiv me hahaha
    so is someone gonna help me or wot???!!