View Poll Results: Which CD-RW Company in your opinion makes the best drives ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lite On

15 88.24%
  • Goldstar

0 0%
  • Cyberdrive

0 0%
  • Sony

2 11.76%
  • Acer BenQ

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What 52x24x52 CD-RW Drive would you buy ?

Ultimate Member _Mystical_Night's Avatar

What 52x24x52 CD-RW Drive would you buy ?

Their all about the same price which do you guys think is from the most trust worthy or best company ?

I voted for Sony although i cannot usually afford to buy anything with that name on iy, so maybe a marketing influenced vote. However, all LG or Goldstar products I have had have worked flawlessly.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

If any get the lite-on but to be turthfull i wouldn't buy any off them. There be a 52/32/52 out soon and following that 52/40/52 and you know the rest. It wont be long before cd burners are maxed out then they all move on to dvd burners so i my opion if you don't really need a new burner wait.

do you know when 32x drives come in tho ?? I'm asking because the 24x drives already burn cd's in around 3 min time dont think 32x would make a huge difference over that but always nice to have a little faster , im ganna try building a new pc and haveing it built by the end of febuary at latest

i vote for Lite-on. I have had 3 of these drives with no probs atall and they are cheap. I wouldnt worry about speed of the cdrw mainly the best priced. Theres no dif between a 52x and a 48x or even a 32x give or take a minute or so.

I picked up my 48x12x48 drive for £42 and the 52x drives were £60 so in my view thats a waste of £18. Thats a crate of beer

richard

Sony = Lite on

Goldstar = LG

I have the cyver drive, it's alright, can't duplicate games like Plextors and Lite ons.

maximus prime man those were the classics (the transformers icon the poster above has)

Ultimate Member
    I vote the same way as tricktx.

I bought a Lite On CD-RW because they get such good reviews from Amazon customers, and so far so good.

Eric,

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

Acer/BenQ and CyberDrive are ****.
    LiteOn are nice.
    Goldstar is LG now. Work horse, no luxuries.
    Sony is overhyped and underpowered.

Voted for NONE.
    52x drivers are not worthy.

Not a Teac this time.

Get a 44x Yamaha CRW-F1.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

personally i didn't find any difference between a 40X,48x,52x....all the 3 are good...gettin a 48x would be a wise choice it think.

as for brand i would always go for yamaha..but they are on the expensive side.

LG would have been second best.

btw...doesn't anybody use Asus CDRW?

Originally posted by _Mystical_Night
    do you know when 32x drives come in tho ?? I'm asking because the 24x drives already burn cd's in around 3 min time dont think 32x would make a huge difference over that but always nice to have a little faster , im ganna try building a new pc and haveing it built by the end of febuary at latest
    I know the 32x aren't far way but as for a release date i couldn't tell you and as for having the fastest, at the moment it's hard enough just to get a 24x rewritable if you can get one so i bet 32x rewritables will take forever to get here.

Originally posted by Swordfish
    personally i didn't find any difference between a 40X,48x,52x....all the 3 are good...gettin a 48x would be a wise choice it think.

as for brand i would always go for yamaha..but they are on the expensive side.

LG would have been second best.

btw...doesn't anybody use Asus CDRW?
    I got to agree with ya there, the differences between a 40x though too a 52x is only a matter of seconds. A good choice for anyone want a burner now is 48x Lite-on then flash it up to a 52x.

BTW... Asus is my first choice in burners. Got 2, 40x and 52x (perfer my 40x)

I've got the Lite-On 52246s and it works great. Excellent drive performance scores with CD-Speeds. I've been able to burn at top speeds with virtually no errors using reasonable priced Sony media. The Nero 5.5 it came with is an excellent program also for most burning tasks. Lite-On is making some great drives at extremely competitive prices (paid $70 w/shipping).

I just bought 48x cd-r and beening burning 700mb from start to finish in three minutes using nero. And to my surprise they worked. I got a an artec 48x24x48
    Life is a bowl of cherries

You could always buy a Lite-on 48x24x48, forgot model and use the firmwire update for the 52x24x52x and make that 48x drive now burn at 52x. It works many have done it including myslef.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Originally posted by gibsinep
    You could always buy a Lite-on 48x24x48, forgot model and use the firmwire update for the 52x24x52x and make that 48x drive now burn at 52x. It works many have done it including myslef.
    gib...just a thought ok..if that firmware thing is workin...it clearly suggests that Liteon could have also done it...Like changin the front panel name to 52x24x52x(from 48x24x48x) and specs on the drive and then the firmware update.

Since i feel they r always in a rush to get the fastest one out in the market.