View Poll Results: Which is the best mobo company based on quality of boards?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABIT

20 21.74%
  • AOPEN

0 0%
  • ASUS

31 33.70%
  • BIOSTAR

2 2.17%
  • EPOX

11 11.96%
  • GIGA BYTE

6 6.52%
  • INTEL

3 3.26%
  • MSI

13 14.13%
  • SHUTTLE

2 2.17%
  • SOYO

3 3.26%
  • Albatron

1 1.09%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Best Mobo Company

POLL: Best Mobo Company

OK. It is time to take the latest poll on what you guys think is the best mobo company based on the quality of the boards.

We want to hear from everyone!

I was only allowed to put 10 mobo companies in the poll, so if you think of one that is better than the ones above, then please mention it!
    Last edited by LABachlr; 12-14-2002 at 05:37 PM.

I voted for Epox.

Ultimate Member
    Although ive only really used Abit and shoddy Jetway id have to say Abit provide top notch stability and great overclocking, softmenu 3 rocks

--Jakk

...hey, where's ECS! lol

I assume by "ITEL" you actually mean INTEL. Depends on your criteria of course. Intel boards don't generally have much in the way of OC'ing features.

Originally posted by deadkenny
    I assume by "ITEL" you actually mean INTEL.
    Yeah, that was my bad.

Best for what?

All of those companies have been known to make good performing stable motherboards, and I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them... if it had good reviews. Which is best depends on your priorities and on what features you need.

If, for example, you have lots of money, only use Intel CPUs and don't overclock, you might think Intel boards, which are very high quality and very stable, though expensive and lacking any OC features, are best and you'd be right ... for you. For me they'd suck, because I'm partial to AMD and to overclocking, and hate paying too much for a product that isn't necessarily better.

I've had very good luck with ASUS and MSI, but I voted EPoX on the basis of superior OC features, tech support and RMA policy.

I'd add Albatron to the list if there were room -- they're gotten excellent reviews. I would not add ECS, which has a following, but also a history of spotty quality control and other problems.

Ultimate Member
    Here we go again

Generally, I'd vote for a company that designs boards with a good, clean design, a wealth of features, high stability even when overclocked, and scalability. Good techsup and RMA policies, like Izdaari said, are other necessities.

So the vote goes for ASUS, EPoX, and ABIT.

ECS=you get what you pay for

If more of you guys could start posting who you decided to vote for, and the reasons why, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

Thanx to those of you who have done so!

Fair enough. I voted Intel, because the boards are of excellent quality, stable etc. OC'ing doesn't matter that much to me. Second choice would probably be ASUS, although they've had a couple 'misses' recently with their implementation of SiS chipsets (A7S333 and P4S8X specifically). Generally ASUS does a better job with Intel chipsets.

I voted for Asus, I've heard their support sucks but I never use it anyway. Also heard they've had a few problems lately but I haven't had any.

What I do like about them is their packaging, and their nforce boards are very stable, and have lotsa features.

I've also had Abit and like them, Iwill was OK too, so was Shuttle. Even PCChips worked and certainly was cheap.

Ultimate Member
    The cleanest designs indicate the most skilled engineers, corporate pride, etc.

The mobo makers who take their time also tend to do better -- asus has been really well off with being punctual and producing good boards, with the exception of their SiS implementations, as Deadkenny said... too rushed/not enough research...

I voted Gigabyte.
    I'm usin a Gigabyte 8IE mobo, and it kicks ***, with easy o/c'ing abilities

I voted Asus. I liked the quality of the boards I have from them. My first 2 complete builds used Asus boards. First was actually FIC, which I helped my cousin with. I have also used Abit, ECS (and other PCChips like Amptron), MSI, even Azza.

My 1st PC system utilizied a Shuttle AI61 mb (T-Bird 650 Mhz) and then 18 mo later, I built myself and others 3 PCs using DFI AK76-SN's. No problems with either company's boards

PC-Chips, on the other hand, sux cok. Same thing with another MB company whose name I cannot remember- my bro bought a brand new PC with their MB, and after 3 days, the MB died. POC.