Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what do u think about lite-on?

Hybrid View

what do u think about lite-on?

what do you think about lite-on cd-rewriters? are they worth even they're cheap?help me out guys, which CD-ReWriter can can cope with lite-on at such price?thanks!

Nothing can. Believe me just buy the liteon and you will be a happy man

You might this because it's cheap it must suck, well it isn't. Im never gonna buy anything else then liteon..

Yeah go for lite-on, don't let the price fool you they make great products.

I'm happy with my dvd drive and only heard good things about them.

Gone
    I might of just got a bad one BUT my Pacfic Digital dvd (ata33) died in like 3 months. Its really a lite-on. I will never own one again. It was noisy, vibrated excesive and just plain sucked speed wise (even though it was 16x dvd and 40x cdrom). This pioneer 16x slot drive (ata66) kicks its **** and was cheaper!!! The Pacific dig. was retail though soooo. Anyhow this one is sooo quiet, sooo fast. My games load quicker, cd's are recognised by Explorer in like 2 sec. Fast, smooth quiet and sleek looking. Pioneers slot drive from here on out for me. When they make a burner one, Im getting that too. Right now my Sony burner is great. 24/10/40x and it was only $50.00

I find the Pioneer DVD drives to be the toughest. Toshiba is close behind. LG drives are up there too.

For CDR, I prefer TEAC, LG, Samsung, Yamaha or Lite-On. The Yamahas are expensive!

I own a few Lite-On drives and they are worth what you pay for them - that's all. I consider them to be a good deal because more will last than fail. If 2 of 3 hold up, I'm happy because I still save money.
    MS MCP, MCSE

had my liteon cdrw for a few months ,no trouble at all ,don't let the price fool you , a good product.

Lite-On...

is good if you get lucky, else crappy, i had a few Lite-Ons and all came out bad, yet only 1 was extremely good, and is still kicking after 3+ years

so it just depends on the batch you got

TDK is using Lite-on drives for their cd-rw packages, as is Cendyne and Pacific Digital. Some others, too, likely.

The only problem I had with my Pioneer slot DVD drive is the heat. It flaked out on me a few days after I installed it. I watched a few movies and ran a few cd-roms. The discs got hot. After a while, windoze slowed to a crawl whenever the drive was accessed. I checked it at the command prompt, and it read everything with ease. I removed the device from device manager, rebooted, and all was well. Since then, I put in a drive bay cooler under the drive to keep the drive from burning up. It still gets hot, but at least it's manageable. It's about 2 years old now, so it's still going strong.

Lite-On all the way.

Purchased 2 Lite-On's (1 for me and my brother), no problems whatsoever.

I have a 16x10x40 Lite-On cd-rw from last year and it works great. I plan on buying an 16x lite-on DVD to replace my aging 24x slot Pioneer CD-Rom.

Gone
    "The only problem I had with my Pioneer slot DVD drive is the heat. It flaked out on me a few days after I installed it. I watched a few movies and ran a few cd-roms. The discs got hot. "

I remember you saying that when I was looking at this one. But I have it now (been few days now) and the disc's are cooler when ejected than any of my other drives are. Also I felt the top (since you had me worried) and its not hot at all really. Lot cooler than my HDD is. Also on the .net someone else said his wouldnt slow down. That it started the read at max 16x (typical of cdroms) but wouldnt spin down then. Its stuck at 16x and very noisy too. But mine isnt at all. Its very quiet and I can clearly hear it start at 16x (louder) then slow down to about 4x (cant really hear it over fans). No probs. yet at all. Plus he said it would only rip audio very slowly. I trie dit just to see, were talking 8-10x for audio extraction. My other did it at 5x. So its way faster than my lite-on (pacific dig.) was, quieter too. Could there have been a bad batch of these or what???

"I plan on buying an 16x lite-on DVD to replace my aging 24x slot Pioneer CD-Rom."

You have a slot feed 24x plain cdrom? I dont see them anywhere. As a matter of fact its a big deal that Pioneer made this dvd slot drive right now. How old is it, was it with system when you got it or????

By the way. The 16x Pioneer is ata66. Its the only one I could find that wasnt the normal ata33. So the interface is WAY faster.

Plextor's still my favorite, though they can be pricey.

P4 gamer, did you get the drive online? I may give it a shot and retire my hot drive. What's the exact model name?

I got my Pioneer 24x cd-rom in 1998 for Christmas. It was labeled Hi-Val on the box and installation instructions, but the drive itself and manual said Pioneer.
    The exact model is DR-A02S.
    It works great for me and it's the quietest drive I have. It even does DAE decently 12x across the disc.