Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

AG - I don't want or need complete quiet - the Z-560s can overcome most noises.

I see what you're saying, and while it's correct, I don't really care. I just like the idea of less noise than my moderately loud heatsink/fan combo.

Surreal - I kinda wish I got an xp1600 instead of my xp2000, since they OC to about the same levels. I could have saved about $30.
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

ok i agree with what surreal says.. look people its a hobby !! if we can watercool a 200mhz machine running at 3ghz wont we try it? Or what about a gf2 running at ti4400 speeds wont we watercool it? technology evolvement is nice knowhow is even more rewarding so what if you fry your brand new 3.06 pentium wont you be on the net again?? from my experience with sysopt they help and encourage you not pull down ever give opinions not make decisions .... aircool that
    trying to find something new a day

I have a 2200+ xp whit a G-force Ti4600 and 2 HD (7200rpm) and my cpu temp doesn't go over 34 °c and my chassi temp max 30 °c and this whit 5 , 12 cm fans and a good case + cpu cooler (pc is7/7,24/24) I think liquids are 2 expensive and won't be of use fore the moment. maybe it will be 4 the new AMD 64- bit that's comming lol

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by AllGamer
    No PC can ever be quiet

you still got the HDD noise

the annoying DVD and/or CD noise

the PSU noise

and BELIEVE IT OR NOT

the CPU AND OTHER CHIPS NOISE

yes try it

kill all the HDD, run the stuff across a network far away

kill the PSU fan

don't use any fan at all

and if you run your plain mobo video nic a you will STILL HEAR noise comming out of the electronics parts!!!!

scary isn't it

But then you've got the positive effect of some things, for instance, the 80mm fans in my system run slow and are quiet. However, if they were switched off, the HDD noise would become very noticeable because there would be no noise cancellation effect. Somebody needs to come up with some kind of dynamic acuostic generator to emit sounds of varying wavelengths, cancelling out ALL noise in a system!

BTW, as for oterh sources of "unbearable" noise, consider the water going through the tubes on an H20 system!

I want to water cool more because of the performance benefits and coolness factor. The decrease in noise is just a fringe benefit.
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

Ultimate Member
    i need a very special cooling system-for my head-because some ignorant customers regularly make me crazy...!
    www.stereopan.org
    underreconstruction
    3Daeropanorama
    was: 3DMarspanoramas
    3DVideos
    www.3dmedia.ch
    www.3dmusic.ch

Re: Re: Re: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer

Extreeme heat meets extreeme cold = extreeme condensation. This is about a 10 minute journey. Got the game running everything heating up, *POP* adkjfklajkdjf bugger. That ends that. Go ahead and try it, bet your back online with another pc oredering parts! Unless you actually insulate the entire mobo and components. I agree why spend $100 over the system price to oclock more. Just spend another $100 on the cpu get it faster, not void warrenty and be just as happy if not more cause its quiet. Some people will try to supe up a pencil if they could figure out how!
    I have that condensation problem fixed. All you have to do is have a large freezer where you can put your computer inside along with a dehumidifier to make the inside nice and dry, just be sure to dehumidify it before you run your computer. Dont you think that will work?