Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

I can't wait to water cool my pc. I'll probably get the stuff in a month or two. A twin 120mm fan radiator would fit in my case nicely, as would a 15 v power supply for a pelt, a swiftech block and a nice pump. (don't know which one yet)
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

I run a Danner MAGdrive 350 gph pump. It's retailed through Pondmaster pumps. Works great, quiet, and has just about the right amount of flow rate(if not a little too much ) . My computer is running at 28C as I type this.

That pump looks good. I found the 350 gph one for $45 at petsmart.

Do you have any suggestions for good dual 120mm fan radiator?

Ultimate Member
    Get the innovatek block. I've heard that it has much better cooling performance than the swiftech one.

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
    That pump looks good. I found the 350 gph one for $45 at petsmart.

Do you have any suggestions for good dual 120mm fan radiator?
    Take a look at this one only 37$, it has brass fittings on it and looks like good quality.

That radiator looks nice and can hold 2 120mm fan. The longer water are inside the radiator the colder it get. I would get that radiator. Through I would get 2 radiator extra extra colder

Originally posted by SLX

Take a look at this one only 37$, it has brass fittings on it and looks like good quality.

Originally posted by causticVapor
    Get the innovatek block. I've heard that it has much better cooling performance than the swiftech one.
    I'd get the innovatek block if I had $80 to spend on a water block.

I'd like to run 1/2 " tubing throughout the whole system, so I'm not sure about that radiator. I don't think more than one 120mm x 240mm radiator would fit in my case that well, anyways one of those is plenty.

Are there any good radiators that size that use 1/2" fittings, or should I just get a heater core and make one myself?

So tell me folks..... with all that increase in power, are you able to afford that top-o-the-line sound system to overpower the whirling of those fans?

Nothing personal... It's just outside of an increase in my ego for having done so, it just hard for me to see why we strive to overclock our equipment. Are we that cheap?

I have:
    Athlon 1800+
    512M PC2100
    Soyo Dragon+
    2 GXP120 80G - RAID
    1 MAX 40G
    GeForce 4 Ti 4400

How many more FPS am I going to get with an amped system?

water cooling

i agree with Eimreh, the noise of 2 120mm fans is awsome, me and a friend just built him a water cooled xp1600 which he runs all the time at 1.9 gig, he has gone down 2 1 120mm fan, u have 2 realise he had children sleeping in the house LOL, we built this setup with parts from the local house-hold waste site, but if these kits cost so much, save the money what u would spend on the kit and buy a faster CPU

Re: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

Originally posted by Giblet Plus!
    I can't wait to water cool my pc. I'll probably get the stuff in a month or two. A twin 120mm fan radiator would fit in my case nicely, as would a 15 v power supply for a pelt, a swiftech block and a nice pump. (don't know which one yet)

You do know that putting the entire computer into a Freezer box is cheaper eh?

and it performs better

Gone

Re: Re: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

Originally posted by AllGamer

You do know that putting the entire computer into a Freezer box is cheaper eh?

and it performs better

Extreeme heat meets extreeme cold = extreeme condensation. This is about a 10 minute journey. Got the game running everything heating up, *POP* adkjfklajkdjf bugger. That ends that. Go ahead and try it, bet your back online with another pc oredering parts! Unless you actually insulate the entire mobo and components. I agree why spend $100 over the system price to oclock more. Just spend another $100 on the cpu get it faster, not void warrenty and be just as happy if not more cause its quiet. Some people will try to supe up a pencil if they could figure out how!

Re: Re: Re: Liquids Keep Gamers Cool

I've supe up an pencil allready. Used an nuclear powered electric sharper. It's so sharp it can cut through iron

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer

Extreeme heat meets extreeme cold = extreeme condensation. This is about a 10 minute journey. Got the game running everything heating up, *POP* adkjfklajkdjf bugger. That ends that. Go ahead and try it, bet your back online with another pc oredering parts! Unless you actually insulate the entire mobo and components. I agree why spend $100 over the system price to oclock more. Just spend another $100 on the cpu get it faster, not void warrenty and be just as happy if not more cause its quiet. Some people will try to supe up a pencil if they could figure out how!

Originally posted by Eimreh
    So tell me folks..... with all that increase in power, are you able to afford that top-o-the-line sound system to overpower the whirling of those fans?
    Already have one. Logitech Z-560 4.1 400 watt system

A water cooled system can be much quieter than an air cooled one.

xl250s - 120 mm fans don't have to be loud. There are quiet models which are barely audible even when at full speed.

P4gamer - You only have to worry about condensation if you're running a sub-zero setup, which I won't be doing. (at first, anyways!)

I overclock because I like the challenge and geekiness factor. I want to water cool because it's both cooler and quieter (unless you buy fast, loud, fans, which I won't be doing)

I already have a good system. I don't need to get a new cpu or graphics card.

No PC can ever be quiet

you still got the HDD noise

the annoying DVD and/or CD noise

the PSU noise

and BELIEVE IT OR NOT

the CPU AND OTHER CHIPS NOISE

yes try it

kill all the HDD, run the stuff across a network far away

kill the PSU fan

don't use any fan at all

and if you run your plain mobo video nic a you will STILL HEAR noise comming out of the electronics parts!!!!

scary isn't it

I like the idea of water cooling. Its more than just getting more speed out of your computer - as Giblet says its a challenge and geekiness factor. Same goes with case modding etc. It can be fun and rewarding doing it.

I used to have my system overclocked to 1900 (its an xp1600) with just a normal fan, which worked well except now its summer. My room is at the top of my unit and gets lots of sun all day round. Plus with the heat rising from the rest of the place, it gets quite hot up there. I'd need some more excessive cooling gear to keep it clocked to 1900, without fear of frying my cpu.

Shame I havn't had the excess money and time to do these things!