Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HAHA STUPID MIN REQ

HAHA STUPID MIN REQ

I DECIDED 2G2 TO BESTBUY AND BUY A GAME CALLED RENEGADE AT 1ST I THOUGHT THIS GAME WOULDNT RUN I CHECKED THE WEBSITE AND IT TOLD ME THAT MY COMP IS 876% FASTER THAN WUT I NEED TO RUN THE GAME IM LYKE HOLD UP I HARDLY HAVE THE SYS REQ INSTALLED THE GAME AND IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY

BTW MY SPECS R
    PENTIUM 2 400
    196 MEGS RAM
    RAEDEON VE OC TO 191/191 (still runin at agp 2x dunno y bios says its 4x)

hmmmm cant wait till the xp 2800 comes out... thats lyke the jenna jameson of cpus!!!

is that the Command and Conquer Red Alert Renegade you are talking about?

if so, yeah is very easy on the System Requirements

Speaking of Min. Requirements..
    I just ordered Warcraft 3. Still havent came in, but the min requirements say that I need at least 32mb video card. All I got is a stupid built in Video Card. So I have my finger crossed that it will work.
    Also, can someone tell me how do I figure out what kind of chipset my computer has? Chipset is the built in video card right? Im ok with computers, but im a WAY newbie with video in computers...
    thnx in advance!
    "Ha? Sysopt.com is the best site online? Dang Right!"
    -- Quote by animeal

Gone
    Originally posted by animeal
    Speaking of Min. Requirements..
    I just ordered Warcraft 3. Still havent came in, but the min requirements say that I need at least 32mb video card. All I got is a stupid built in Video Card. So I have my finger crossed that it will work.
    Also, can someone tell me how do I figure out what kind of chipset my computer has? Chipset is the built in video card right? Im ok with computers, but im a WAY newbie with video in computers...
    thnx in advance!
    Ummm, err NO. Thats Lord of the rings that has to be atleast a 32mb vid card. I have Warcraft III and its not that big of a game req. wise. Heck here ya go off the box I'm holding that I bought at wall-mart. $38.00 was good so I grabbed it.

Min req.
    Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    400mhz PentiumII or equiv./ 128mb of ram./ 8mb 3d video card (TnT, i810,Voodoo3, Rage 128 equiv.or better) with direct x 8.1 support./ 700mb HDD space./ 4x cdrom

Recomended
    600mhz cpu./256mb ram./32mb video card/DX 8.1 sound card

Now LOR MIN. req.
    P3 600mhz, 128mb ram, Dx8 compat vid(32mb vid card with single pass, multi texturing and T&L)DX8 sound card. DX8 or higher, 800mb hDD space.

No recomended listed, heh thats because its one heavy game. Up to 2gig will show massive improvment over min. And I wouldnt even attemp to run that game with a 32mb card. All but at 640x480 16bit and every detail off though. Me I like max everything when I can hehe. The 8500 rips **** on that game so does the G3.

i c. thnx. Um, what about my 2nd part of the question about the chip?
    -- Quote by animeal

Chipset? Well, since you didn't give the make and model of your computer computer or motherboard name, I looked at your past posts. Asus MEW-AM. Figures to be some sort of HP Pavilion. Chipset is Intel 810.

wow, good memory, thnx! Is there a way that I kind find out what kind of chipset i got in control panel or something? Also, omega, can u give me a link to where you found what kind of chipset i got?
    -- Quote by animeal

Hey Animeal,

If you're wanting to know what kind of video is onboard, just go to control panel, click system, then device manager, and click on video adapters. It will tell you what you have. I think that's right, I'm telling you that from memory cause at work they have the machine set up so you can't get into the control panel. I've never used onboard video, but i think it would be identified like a video card is.

Have you ever updated the drivers for your video? If not you might want to check it out...could help performance

stop with the caps, you sound like a childish newbie.

Are you always negative Optimus Prime? You reply like you own this **** website and the forum!
    -- Quote by animeal

Every chipset I ever looked at as the specs on it. Look for a heatsink on the MB or a big chip near the center.
    Last edited by ukulele; 11-07-2002 at 04:07 PM.

Are you always negative Optimus Prime? You reply like you own this **** website and the forum!
    What? I can't hear you. I have an infuction in my ear. Bear as* me later.
    Last edited by ukulele; 11-07-2002 at 04:13 PM.

wow, good memory, thnx! Is there a way that I kind find out what kind of chipset i got in control panel or something? Also, omega, can u give me a link to where you found what kind of chipset i got?
    Get aida32. It'll be much easier than doing what I did to find your chipset. It'll tell you almost everything you would want to know.
    http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32

I did a google search for Asus MEW-AM and found "Intel 810" on some of the search results.

ok im sorry but i get annoyed when i see posts with full caps. it hurts my so very fragile eyes.

hehe, Im suprised you didnt go all out on me again! Yea, caps kinda bad, but a newb is a newb, just trying to get his point across. Guess he feels that by SHOUTING he will get more attention...
    -- Quote by animeal