dcsimg

Thread: I Hate Restrictions!!

I Hate Restrictions!!

OK. Windows wont let me share my Program Files, Windows, Documents and Settings and a couple of other folders over my network, And i really need these so i dont have to go downstairs to fix up my servers.
    Secondly, It wont let me change the names of folders, Remote or not, And they have nothing to do with the system. Every time i try it tells me access is denied, even when im logged on as the F**king Administrator.

Does anybody have any idea how i can over ride these settings? God Microsoft has to get a life and quit limiting what a user can do on their own F**king computers!

PS: They are both windows xp pro SP1 computers with an NTFS File systems.

Before you start cursing MS, read a little. To share files over a professional OS, the remote user must be known to the local machine. That means that you must log on to both machines with the same account or add each account to the other machine.

Tell me which folders you can't rename.
    MS MCP, MCSE

The folder i cant rename is at C:\JBC\RoD. Can you tell me how i log onto the remote computer?

Thanks for your help in advance

What are the usernames and passwords on each machine? If you don't know or didn't set them, now's the time. Look in Control Panel > User Accounts. If they are different usernames, write them down and add that user to the other machine(s).

It sounds like you created that folder with one user and then logged on as another. If you're an administrator, right-click the folder, go to Properties and take ownership of it in Security.
    MS MCP, MCSE