Thread: The funniest glitch ever?

The funniest glitch ever?

What is the funniest glitch ever you have seen in a video game? for me, its rtcw. in multiplayer, players walk all funny. upsidedown, inside out, etc.... i need to get a picture of it

Ok, i've got a good one

baaaaaaack in the Dark Ages of "internet"
    no such thing back then, it was actually BBS

me and a buddy connected to a BBS usual at 14.4 but our modem was good up to 19.2 cuz back then it was the hottest speed anyway in the world

so well that nite we connected to play our usual games and chat and message forums

and to our surprise instead of the normal sh!tty 1.5+ kbps for the download, we got an insane average of 192 kbps speed that lasted the whole nite until we disconnected

remember back then there were no DSL and ISDN was something only a big business can affort, so well that nite out of the blue some sort of techno glitch at the telco company + the 2 modem made a super fast connection that allowed us do download all kind of craps that will have taken days to download using a 14.4 modem

back then a 19.2 never reached that speed cuz like today 56 mode, the 56 is fake, since the telco speed limit is 52 by FFC laws

anways the next nite we tried to reproduce the trick and nothing happened, but we were happy since we downloaded the entire BBS LOL

even now todays 56 k modems max Download speed is an average of 5.5+ Kbps
    Last edited by AllGamer; 10-25-2002 at 03:50 PM.

That is crazy Allgamer, I don't really have any, I'll have to think on it.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

i like it on quake1 when the body flips all around and does weird animations hehe it was funny

Actually, I have a glitch with my sound in Half-Life right now! I'm playing Counter-Strike, and everyone's wearing high-heels-or at least it sounds like it! Not very funny to tell, but hiliarious to actually hear.

-Aarmenaa

Maybe not really a glitch as more of a hardware problem, lack of power. On my brother's now dismantled P200MMX, he had a S3 Virge 2mb vid card and tried to play Tomb Raider 2. Can't remember what else. The game played without some textures, leaving the textureless parts transparent. Running between 2 buildings, on left side building no textures. Even Lara was missing some textures. Weird look.

A long long time ago in Ultima Online, a couple weeks after it went pay. There was a glitch or bug, only lasted a few hours, but when you used a skill, the skill went up really damned fast and so did the stats. You could max out your character in less than an hour. Then OSI found it or something and took the servers down, but they never wiped me, so it was cool

Not a bug but an actual feature, DMs in NWN multiplayer can throttle / repeat-kill a player so his body convulses rapidly on the ground, looks like he's having a seizure. Very satisfying to see done to jerks.

There have also been custom drinks made with intimidating sounding names that will force the imbiber to vomit blood and giblets
    -- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574
    Currently using Inspiron 9100 and Latitude CPxj

funniest thing i have ever seen, not related to computers but it was a error, its was a windows error box and it poped up and said this

ERROR:ERROR LOADING ERROR.

rofl.... theres a screen shot of it floating around but it was funnier then hell.

oh yes one more, not an error again, but my noobie fired joined a cs server that i play in and some admins can change your controlls, well the admin changed his fire button to a consol command kill, cause he was talking smack, so everytime he tried to shoot it would auto kill himself.... omfg that was funny....

Gone
    Tony hawk pro skater 3. If you finish a trick at end of run close enuff to a wall with the chick. You can see through her shirt and see her braw etc. when its doing that spinn aroundt he scene thing. Ive done it! Really weird....

yeah they showed that one time on extended play.

Gone
    Yup, thats where I saw it too. I tried it, it really does that. Why they cant fix stupid simple bugs like that I dont know. They had to know it would do that, how could ya miss it!

Maybe thats why the game is Rated T for TEEN

Gone
    Originally posted by Bizkitkid2001
    Maybe thats why the game is Rated T for TEEN
    Hehe...