Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I Did it, I got the 2.8ghz

I Did it, I got the 2.8ghz

I went and got the 2.8ghz Pentuim 4! great performance. I still have the 2.26ghz that is 1 month old, never overclocked. If anyone is interested in that, let me know, make offers that are reasonable, I paid like $250 plus shipping for it.

Thanks

Nice, notice a large difference?
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

hmm sound good.. but i'm not interest on Intel chips (most sysopt user like AMD). But why you buy the 2.8? when u have 2.26ghz that is 1 month old? Also Intel going to have 3.0 by the end of this year.
    Leo

Ultimate Member
    Nice nice nice:d... you lucky git

On the subject of the 3ghz barrier.. although many overclocked Intels broke it long aog.. according to HradOCP, the 2600+ (if you can actually find one) can push up to equivalent of a p4 3.1ghz easy enough

Not bad fo rthe money really :d

--Jakk

OMFG... bad way to waste like $800! Dude for the price of those two CPUs you could have gotten a car! Or paid for food for months!

Ultimate Member
    gotta agree with ape0r a bit here liek - you wont notice that much difference btween 2.2 and 2.8ghz as most of todays stuff sont even fully utilise 1.5ghz... it may become a lil mor enoticable towards the end of the chips life span(s) though

--Jakk

keep the 2.2 and overclock it as far as it will go...
    it would be an interesting little experiment... since i know that p4 1.8's can get to 2.4 without additional cooling and could probably hit 2.8 with not much more trouble.
    i'de juat hang onto them, coz like it was stated b4, not many thing utilize these chips fully atm, so keep it just for comparisons or something for the future.
    and u got ripped off paying 250...hehehe
    i can get em for 200 australian dollars.
    share the knowledge.... advance the human race.

Actually

Actually, if you paid $200 australian, I would be shocked on how the chips could sell for half then INTEL in the US?

As far as performance, Yes there is a noticeable difference. I like it. I have a P4S533 motherboard and it can handle up to the 2.8.

No way!! The P4 2.8 is sweet as hell. If you compare benchmarks between the AMD vs Intel the only Intel chips worth buying are the 2.6 and 2.8. Every other chip is weaker compared to a slower AMD chip

EX. My 1900 XP is benchmarked faster than Intels 2.2 (over at tomshardware)

BUT

Intel beats the pants off of any AMD with the higher P4 (2.6 - 2.8) FSB (533). Minus AMD's dual DDR chips which havent shipped.

Yes I know that AMD's 2.8 is going to retake the speed throne, but when is that coming out? Winter? Years ago AMD would poke fun at Intel for releasing chip specs that wouldn't go on sale for months, but look who is doing the same thing.

Good pick on your P4, too exspensive for me, but if I had the money I would go the same route.

Ya but u know how much the P4 2.8 cost?? Just for gain little benchmark. DOh..

a 2.8intel = i can buy a Athon 2400XP & a Radeon 9700PRO and still have couple dollar left
    Last edited by Aznmask; 10-18-2002 at 10:52 PM.
    Leo

Out of curiosity?

Out of Curiosity, How much do you guys think I paid for My 2.8ghz????

I have a all the ram I need 1.5 gid DDR PC2700
    two maxtor 7200 rpm 60gig drives
    I got this 2.8 to speed things up even more!

I paid $467.00??

I don't think that is over spending, and I don't think you can buy a car for that? Unless it is from a junk yard? Geesh, either I am rich (I'm not) or alot of people here are really poor...??????

>>>>???????>>>>>

LOL, they are exspensive things, but some people love to pay that extra bit for just alittle more performance.

Look at cars, Subaru WRX 0-60 5.6 (Subaru figuers) $24,000

VS

BMW M3 0-60 in low 5's or high 4's? $60,000

Small gain, twice the price....but many people buy the M3.

To some they need the best, no matter the cost. (I'm not one of them since I have no money )

Hmm so your 2.8 not retail.. another (OEM)..

No all Sysopt member is not poor (maybe i'm poor) but MOST Sysopt is favor on AMD chip. By the way what is your video card..? i hope u will reply and said RADEON 9700 Pro..
    Last edited by Aznmask; 10-19-2002 at 11:11 AM.
    Leo

Googlegear.com sells the retail box for $464.
    Congrats on your purchase Krazykat. It's a sweet cpu. pay no attention to the disgruntled masses keeping warm by the glow of their AMD's. They've inhaled burning silicon fumes once too many times.
    Oh Yeah aznmask, I'm a sysopt member and I'm not favoring amd.

Are you allowed to like Intel here?!?! EGAD