Thread: Sony Becoming a Sleeper PC Giant

Sony Becoming a Sleeper PC Giant

eww . . . SONY Pcs

can you say proprietary?

i HATE sony, they have put a date on every game on the PS2. so that it cannot be released until like four years afterwards... microsoft wannabe's
    Last edited by Vernon Frazee; 09-29-2002 at 12:16 PM.

I Really Hate Sony Products!!!!!!!
    I don't see the big deal with Sony PC's. I personally think they are over rated and over priced proprietary pieces of junk. (maybe they are step higher than Compaq) My opinion of Sony in general is that they are over rated and way over priced for much of their products. I had some bad experiences with Sony's stereo equipment such as a DAT recorder, a Mini Disc recorder and a Cassette Deck, all from Sony's high end "ES" line (Elevated Standard) all of which i paid high prices for (Never Again). I have lost almost all of my faith in Sony products. I wouldn't dare to buy a Sony Computer. Sony is just living off their name from their past glory. Sony was good at one time. (maybe in 1965 or 1975)

I agree with you Murray, they are overpriced pieces of junk. It's not just there PCs that I don't care for it's just about anything they put out. After having 2 sony DVD players go bad on me, receiving a bad shipment of CD-ROM drives, a car CD player stop working, and my newly aquired Sony minicamcorder break. I will never ever waste my money on Sony anything. I feel sorry for the unknowing masses purchasing there computers.

GIve them a break guys, you make them sound like some cheap brand. There stuff is quite good all equipment tends to break down sooner or later.

I mean there shipment increased by 25 percent in the 2nd quarter, they have to be doing something right. Personaly after building my own PC, I would not buy any brand name comp if I didn't have to. But, I would like to see my college get something different than Dells, and get some VAIOs instead. They work the same as ne other computer but look much nicer.
    Last edited by SLX; 09-30-2002 at 07:16 PM.

Sony was once a good name many years ago, but they got too big for their britches. Back in the 60's when Sony was young, it was an honor to purchase a Sony product. Sony symbolized high technology and high quality back then, but no more. In the past 20 years or so, Sony began to cut corners in a lot of their products (but not their prices). Sony has a reputation of being upscale and if they lower their prices too much, i guess it would hurt their reputation. I had too many bad experiences with Sony products, and i will never have faith in them again. Recently (like a jerk) i purchased a Sony 52X CDROM thinking it was actually manufactured by Sony, but when i looked on one of the covers,
    it looked like a "Top Glory" (BTC) CDROM and i took another look at the labels and sure enough it said "Top Glory" and i returned it for a refund. I actually thought Sony made their own CDROMs. The same CDROM sold under the BTC (Top Glory) label costs around $20 , under the Sony label $39. Fuhgeddabouddit!!!

The best Sony thing that I have is an old 20" TV that I have. It was made probably about 5 years ago. Also, I heard an employee at Wal-Mart say that M$ wants to merge with Sony. Wonder if it's true???

Gone

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on. Guys as soon as a co. gets big you hate it?!?!?! What bull. Every word I heard slamming sony was absolute bull. I friggen Love sonys. I agree about prebuilt pc's, build my own. But thats the same no matter brand isnt it (proprietary ****)....Now as far as a Sony I have lots of their stuff and ya know what. EVERY SINGLE ITEM still works that I have. Every one. Now I find it hard with that success rate that I was just lucky. I assure somewhere I woulda hit a bad one there. If you had a bad sony whatever, dont you think it may have been defective? thats not their fault it happens.

I have here
    Sony Handy cam $900.
    1 1/2 years old like new beutiful still pics in 640x480! And night shot boom also mic boom and built in stereo mic for high 8mm recordings. Best looking color lcd I saw out of any of them looked at nearly 30 dif cam corders till decided on that one. Night shot is great for recording deer and etc. The mic pics up every little noise and is extreemly crisp. Would buy one all over again and I cant say that about alot of the products I buy! Has wireless IR tv out put. Only need the reciveer for tv that truns it to svideo or rca and its only $10.00! Has firewire output for very quick movie transfer to pc. Instant pure digital for recording dvd's vcd's or editing that way...also lots of lens kits for pics that pierce through water (polarized lens) and ones to take pics of high birghtness . Built in is a contrast and brightness enhancer. Even low light areas come out as bright as you want. How many digi's do that well with still images??? Not many I looked. Most digi pics are darks and very pixely.

Have a $400 sony dobly pro logical and 5.1 surround (dual bass cannon) decoder and head unit (reciever). 500watts. 100watts for each fr Left/right Rear left/right and center channel. Also has loads of features like cinema sounds/fade etc. 4 years old and it has all the stuff the newer ones have. Runs perfect used very hard. With every penny would also buy all over again.

Sony DVD player. Also has built in dvd decoder. this is so that I can use on the tv's in toher rooms if I want and not need the stereo system, just a tv. I wanted that for sure. Its got the 5.1 output. the optical hookups. R-G-B hookups for my projector tv!
    Setup asks size of speaker distance from you the balance etc. Very tuned sound! Also byme using 4 rear speakers and two fronts + the front and back bass cannons it makes a vertual shift that rules. This is what movie theatres have to make all the speakers sound like they are independantly driven. Like 10.1 surrond.... Theirs of course are much more $ and drive more channels but its a cut down affordable home use version. Many, many more features. Its like 2 years old. Single disk type (Sonys top-end dvds are all single disk by the way). Bought from Crutchfield and was $340.00. Still runs without a glitch. Bro is on his second dvd now in two years each was $140-$150.00. Mine also plays home burnt vcd's.
    Two Sony IDE cd burners. Both still work great. One is only about 4 months old. Other is 2 1/2 years old and still work great also.

Sony playstation..second model with the slightly faster cdrom than first one. (no not the psone). Still works great, sold to freind and got a psone at the time cause it is smaller. He still uses it all the time.

Hate sony. Nope. Sure you can get bad stuff, but thats the luck of the draw with any co. I still am batting 100% withem personally. If I wanted THE best (IMO) Lappy I could get at any cost it would be a Sony Vaio. But of course in real world I cant offford one. So I would get a Toshiba or somthing else more $ reasonable.