Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Europeans!!

SAS

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    On the subject of the American media why the hell are us brits always represented as big girls who drink tea .......... use channels of mass attention to subliminaly transmit their messages.. all we gotta do is staw strong willed and our own people with our own ways of thinking and ignore the cr@p we are spoon fed through Tv and Radio --Jakk
    That's the spirit- great to hear it when anyone bashes the media - I feel that it can be our undoing sometimes. The media has a bad habit of distorting the truth!

Now go kick some *****, drink a spot of Tea and *****-out some Scones on Iraq~

Just a bit different than advertised when ryled thats all
    That's odd. Here in the US the English are always portrayed as a most civilized people. This aura is especially perpetrated by your penchant for proper diction. (Or is that a stereo type as well?) I have a tendency to speak in more proper english than most of my peers, but a few think I'm a little weird because of that. Girls drinking tea? Nah, did any of you ever see the movie 'Brave Heart' with Mel Gibson? We know you are capable of the most barbaric deeds. Does Dresden ring a bell? Oh, well.. there were some good FOOTBALL games on yesterday..

Now go kick some *****, drink a spot of Tea and *****-out some Scones on Iraq
    he..hee.. ah..haaa.. that was a good one

proper diction? does that mean like spelling proper and all? or saying stuff proper?

if you wanna know how bad we speak, ill record my voice and make an attachment of it... we ain't posh guys ya know

and scones 0wn.

not fond of tea tho. coffee is what i usually drink.

proper diction? does that mean like spelling proper and all? or saying stuff proper?
    When ever the news media records a sound bite here of an Englishman for a clip on the evening news, it seems the English almost always speak in high english, prim and proper that is. But is that just posturing for the camera? Most likely, but it does lead to American's stereotyping people from the U.K.

Ultimate Member
    ..i prove my point

if you wanna know how bad we speak, ill record my voice and make an attachment of it... we ain't posh guys ya know
    Squeaky comin up j/k m8

Wallie - i too speak in a fairly posh tones.. when compared to my piuers.. up here its a very rugh accent, and although i have a somewhat extended vocabulary than most around here, i still find the accent creeping in and i hate it
    ...and we all swear like f'n troopers

--Jakk

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Hoooooooooo (Stereotypes-ville)

Mel Gibson film eh "Braveheart" umm a mixture of
    Martin Riggs, Playbus & Mad Max that wasn't it

Mind you Optimus catch a train down London way, find a pub in
    Harlesden, Tottenham or Bow & spout about southern softies
    coo (Take your own body bag, there's are filthy)

Nah the brits are a placid enough bunch, unless alcohol, football,
    strippers, boxing are involved If its all of em' you'd best steal a Concorde & make a quick gettaway. Be careful you don't run over any od bits that have fallen of a United Jet tho' Dunt half make a mess of the paintwork

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa

..i prove my point

Squeaky comin up j/k m8

Wallie - i too speak in a fairly posh tones.. when compared to my piuers.. up here its a very rugh accent, and although i have a somewhat extended vocabulary than most around here, i still find the accent creeping in and i hate it
    ...and we all swear like f'n troopers

--Jakk
    squeaky? roflmao. when i can be arsed i'll record my voice and post it here.

Ultimate Member
    Harlesden, Tottenham or Bow & spout about southern softies

To be fair:

*Phil Mitchell Tone*

"We're all ard' ba**ards - 'nuff said"

...Your goin' home in an NHS Ambulance!!

--Jakk

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Optimus Prime

squeaky? roflmao. when i can be arsed i'll record my voice and post it here.
    & then I'll learn 2 spell

Re: Europeans!!

Originally posted by Sark
    Why do most Europeans and other people around the world hate american football!? Its a great sport and I cant understand why you people cant get that.
    Appologies for my late entry into this debate.

I have a question which furthers danee's original post... How is it Yoo's Guys (Americans) call all of your big games "WORLD" Series, when it's solely Americans that take part (except for Texans, which I'm assured is a different Country )?

And how can you wear PADDING and claim to be so Bold and Noble? If I were paying my stars a Million Dollars a month (about two hundred Pounds) I would want to see Blood Spilt on a regular basis. Handbags at ten paces, that's what it is.

One more thing whilst we're on the subject, Can you please stop corrupting the English language?

I heard they let some Canadians into the world series

Hoooooooooo (Stereotypes-ville) Mel Gibson film eh "Braveheart" umm a mixture of
    Martin Riggs, Playbus & Mad Max that wasn't it
    Yes we were talking about stereotypes "Girls drinking tea" wasn't it?
    Braveheart is a typical stereotype of the Scottish, ale and Scotch whiskey swillers, unrefined borderline barbarians who eat like slobs, but with fierce loyalty. Hollywood is the king of stereotyping people it wishes to disparage, so what else is new?
    There are so many different tribal cultures in Europe it's impossible to stereotype them into one particular mode, but Hollyweird does do a pretty good job, doesn't it?

Gone
    "One more thing whilst we're on the subject, Can you please stop corrupting the English language?"

You mean there was anything left to corrupt? Look how the ENGLISH talk with their bad accent and lowsy pronunciation.....leave it be. I can understand a drunk hick alot better than a sober jolly ole englishman anyday. Like Aussies everyone is "mate" well you call me your mate you'll get a fist in your mouth! I aint your mate, find a women for that....J/K How I spell and speak it is MY ENGLISH not yours...

Handbags at ten paces, that's what it is.
    If tackle football is handbags at ten paces, then rugby is (used) toilet paper rolls at twenty yards.
    Maybe you should see an eye doctor about some glasses. Tackle football can be pretty rough. Going to a live game is where it's at. These goons come out of the tunnel all hyped-up and ready to kill, especially if its a big game. Seeing a 6'6" 290lb. person on TV is nothing like seeing them in the flesh. Some of the hits are so hard its sounds like an auto wreck. They need to use pads or by seasons end half the team would have to retire because of great bodily injury.