Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UT 2003 flop?

Ultimate Member
    The geforce 4 optimised 40.xx's should helpout a lil bit,... when nvidia get theit thumbs out and release em officially that is

--Jakk

I don't mind it... averaging out about 50-55 FPS with my GeForce 2 Ti 64MB card... it's slick, runs well, but I can't shake the feeling that it's... "hindered" somehow. I can just feel it. I can move, frag, jump, blast, you name it. It doesn't show on the screen, it just feels that way when I play.

Can't explain it, perhaps I need more sleep than I know I've been getting lately.

I've been running at 1024x768, 16-bit textures, highest settings for detail I can get (yeah, I know you can only crank the demo so far), and it doesn't chop, even with a whack of bots.

I checked some posts on their message boards, and I don't get the odd paging that they say I might be susceptible to. Which makes me happy. Very happy.

I'll play it at any LAN I happen to hit that has it, but it's not enough to derail me from the original for now. I'll stick to CS, orig UT, MOHAA, Spiderman the Movie, and Tony Hawk 3.

When the retail hits in my area, I'll give it another look.

Oh, and before I forget... Palladium will be the death of all computer-versed home users. I'm not fear-mongering, just making a prediction based on the technology I've read up on so far.

Mark my words... *strolls off to get a Mountain Dew before lunch is over*

Ultimate Member
    What paging is this then??

Perhaps im suffering from it...

--Jakk

are you guys talking about the pagefile?

BionicSniper : you should try the latest patch for the Demo, it should fix some problems with the Voodoo3 (or any other videocard without hardware T&L as well).
    From here.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

my only real complaint is that since I am a beginner, I can't play without dieing. Those servers should have anti-camp rules. Anyone know how annoying it is to be killed as soon as you respawn?

TaXi

Same here, I just said the heck with it and play instant action

Anyone know how annoying it is to be killed as soon as you respawn?
    No. Is it really ?
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

I think the game is living up to it's lofty expectations. A buy for me when it comes out. I also just upgraded my video card from a ATI Radeon 32MB SDR card to a 8500LE OCed to (290/290). Runs very smooth at 1024x768

i love this game, i think its great and i hated UT so much, but this game is awesome. Bombing run is so much fun, it was kinda funny because i tried out for this clan and the leader was a UT veteran and i beat him 20-2 and he instantly accused me of cheating it was so funny cuz if there is anyone out there who is totally against cheating its me

Originally posted by Slipknot
    I think the game is living up to it's lofty expectations. A buy for me when it comes out. I also just upgraded my video card from a ATI Radeon 32MB SDR card to a 8500LE OCed to (290/290). Runs very smooth at 1024x768
    at 1280x1024x32 bit + all the eye candies (AA, TrueForm, smooth, etc) to the maximum i still get average of 45+ FPS in multiplayer, it ranges from 35+ to 70+

on standalone, it goes even higher
    ATI AIW 8500dv

Banned
    dam i run at 1024 and 2 times AA and as high as the demo graphics go and i get 50FPS! runs super fast and i am normally under the top 4 players! instant gip is the best me go(0)d at that!
    and even in normal texture details the graphics look awesome! i mean comon no other game looks so sweet and runs so fast!

Ultimate Member
    LoL - all the servers ive played on with you jules ive ended up top , which is very unusual considerign i never even played teh original UT online and my FPS in this one are sucky sucky sucky

--Jakk

lol Jack I think German may be a little off with his thoughs of being god at the game.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Originally posted by gibsinep
    I am enjoying it but I don't know how much I will be able to play it before it gets old like every other FPS without a interesting storyline.
    Thats what mods are for. There were hundreds for UT, they'll be even more for UT2003 because it's easier to mod.