Thread: GeForce4 MX 420

GeForce4 MX 420

hey my bro just bought that card. It's nice and decent. Definitely not at the top or anything but It runs game such as Warcraft 3 fairly smooth and best of all, CLEAR.

Question:

That card is installed in P3 600, 256 sdram. Is the card potential being maxed out yet?

Anyone using that card in a better system? please share your experience.

For 80 USD, you think I can get a better card?

Well a geforce 3 ( any kind) is better than the Geforce 4 mx cards. How much are they running for now-a-days. Under $100 I am pretty sure.

I cant answer if your brothers computer is using the cards full potention. I would probably say know. I know that the Normal Geforce 4 ti 4 cards need about a 1.3GHZ cpu to be fully used, but the mX is less mabey around 900mhz.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

ohhhhh, it's waaaaaaaaay far from being maxed out, unless you have a P4 3 Ghz or AMD 3000+

to yet unlock some more of its potential get these new drivers from nVidia

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_40.41

hehe allgamer

with a p4 3ghz, i'll be asking if p4 3 ghz being maxed out with that card! It's an endless quest for the holy grail hehe

talking about price, cards with better performance will be like 10, 20 bucks more expensive. You decide to get them and then there are cards above them with little more money and so on and so on. When does it end? hehe so I decide to stick with one that my pocket can comfortably affords.

One more thing, I always think computers are cheap, but actually they are not for what I do with it. 400 bucks for a game machine and some internet browsing.

i agree 6 mths ago, i paid about $2500 for the top of the line at the time , now 6mth later it's just an Average PC ,and my whole reason for buying this beast, was purely for Games and do other PC hobbies i enjoy.

It just go on and on and on.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure