Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know I feel like leaving sysopt

Paramufay, What are sexual intellects? Is that good or bad? I'm confused here. Perhaps you should come up with something more mature like "poop heads" or "do do boys".

Doc, Hang in there. Your a smart guy. Don't let the boneheads get to you. If you do they win.

Originally posted by grimfandango
    you know doc!
    not many people me like here! I too get some pm that call me names and ask to get the hell of this place!
    the keep on sayin sometgin or the other..
    and
    Ah Grimmy,

I certainly hope no one is giving you a hard time. I love your posts, they're a mix of beat poetry and a Michael Myer's certification book!

T

i thought we had 30,000 members? only 30 or so browse at a time, so thats about 1:1000 members on. seems ...

I have not attended this forum actively for very long, but am struck by people's helpfulness and friendly attitude. Obviously, not everyone is grateful for the instant help people here provide for free. That's a shame.

We may live in separate countries, but surely a common interest could override any national feelings? Myself, I enjoy reading about the differences between the UK and the US - especially since I live in Sweden...

I keep seeing the same people over and over all the time

i hardly see any new faces except for the last 5 new members

yet we have a huge list of nicks in the forums

some times i stay very very late, and that's the time after you guys have already slept and awaken the next day your time, meanwhile i'm just going to sleep

so yup not too many active members roughtly 30 to 40

Originally posted by tking

Ah Grimmy,

I certainly hope no one is giving you a hard time. I love your posts, they're a mix of beat poetry and a Michael Myer's certification book!

T

I agree with a lot of the posts above. When I send an idea on how to fix a problem, if they want to use it fine, if they don't fine, that's their problem, let them fix it their way. I know it has worked for me and others.

I'm not at all upset if they want to flame me or my response. After all what are they looking for, help or a reason to get on their soap and rant. I think there are several sites for those people and they should go there and leave the sites like this one and several others that are good for helping fix computers alone.

Stick around DOC we need all the help we can get, no matter what country or area we live in.

Cheers mac
    time is fun when you are having flies, so says the frog

You've tried to help me a good few times Doc, and I appreciate it. As I am sure everyone who genuinely comes here to try and help others.

Anyone who sends a PM to haze someone, got no balls. Don't worry about them, sad critters one and all. If you could actually meet these people they would fill their pants rather than face you up. Big and brave from several thousand miles away. All PM no action.

Stick around, you might find your no the only one who gets ragged, and my inbuilt paranoia tells me its not "real" sysopt members who are the primary culprits. Easy to log on with a different name, colleect a few posts and then frag a helpful member with the exact aim of getting them to leave. There one posting on the community forums even now as I type.

No matter creed colour or race, you will always find a D-head where you find people. Law of Nature.

Thanks for your help anyways, and I hope we see you around.Soon.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

No matter creed colour or race, you will always find a D-head where you find people. Law of Nature.
    Well said Ammok.

No one ever sends me any nasty Pm's. Just problems, and I dont even get a post for it. lol

Well I think Doc may be gone.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Originally posted by gibsinep
    No one ever sends me any nasty Pm's.
    I can fix that. j/k

I don't want to flame anyone here, I just want to speak my 2 cents, and I apologize if this may sound non-tolerant

From experience, and since I am a member of PCChips Lottery, OCWorkbench, and SysOpt, there all always going to be issues where flaming is going to be a result. Techs come from different walks of life. You are going to have the "script-kiddies" that are in the teens and are very techincal, and adults that come from different types of work like construction workers, military, etc. and the ones that have full certification like MCSE, CNA, A+, N+, CCNA.

Having x amount of techs trying to solve one issue is going to end up in a mixed batch of results. One person will recommend one method that will solve the problem instantly and another will recommend another method that may reduce one step or make two more but ends up in the same result, and that can make horns bang against eachother in a "no I am better then you" war.

I am kind of curious of what the jury thinks about me. I will admit that I am "hard headed" at times, but I love solving problems, really! I live, breath, and eat this stuff all the time. Maybe some suggestions to me can make my usefulness more successful on this forum.

Doc, you my friend are an excellent tech and a great comrade to have around. I'd hate to see a worthy asset leave this haven. We are a family, you are part of it. Don't feel left out or disapointed because of a few bad eggs

Originally posted by paramufay

well I wasn't going to name names but being as you asked...

IMPERION " the idiot" ( dumb as a box of rocks )

"stevie wonder" JONES (blind as a bat )

and the loveable "fuel tank" FRANK5 (need I explain )
    I wish that I could see what you see in these people, paramufay. I see text and intellect - sometimes even attitude. I don't agree about Imperion1. He got to where he is because he is astute. None of us are geniuses or we wouldn't be wasting out time giving out free help and trying to control dissent (you know dissent - you swim in it).

Mr. Jones does more work by accident than you do on purpose. I don't think any of us care if we don't measure up to your bizarre standards. I really think that SysOpt can do without your sort stirring the pot. Leave you may - you won't be missed. Banned you may be - the end result is the same - "What was that guy's name?"
    MS MCP, MCSE

I think it's good that DocEvi1 has brought this matter up so that it may be discussed. Hopefully it will open everyones eyes and clear a lot of things up. I recently joined this forum and think it's great. I joined it because of the many helpful people I see here and the interesting topics discussed. I like to participate if I can help someone or if I disagree with someone. This forum is just for that purpose. A place where you express your viewpoints on computer subjects. Let's not lose site of the purpose of this forum by making personal insults at one another. With that said, give this forum another chance DocEvi1 and hope this will enlighten the minds of those that put others down.

I'm with Snix.
    Life is a bowl of cherries