Thread: IE6 and XP

IE6 and XP

I got IE6 and XP home edition and for some reason i cant get javascript to work.... for the sites that uses the java virtual machine i keep gettin an error message and im wonderin if theres anyway to fix it because micrsoft gots no fix for it on thier site well at least that i could find. Thanks

Your probably getting debuger messages from errors in the code itself. That is usaly caused by the webmaster not testing the code on more that one machine and it being incompatable with other ones. It usaly doesnt affect the way you veiw the site eccept for the VERY annoying error messages that are no uses unless you are the webmaster. So what do you do? NOTHING, theres nothing you can do to fix the problem itself short of contacting the webmaster, and I dont know of any way to disable the messages

Thats not it...... Any site that uses JVM basically stuff like gamin sites and sites with stuff you type in using java wont work period... its not just certain sites its all the sites that uses that that wont work.

Active X dont work.. no matter wat i do to the settings.

oh, ok, i missed the jvm part, you probably never installed java suport. You can goto SUN's website and get it. Does that error message mention a version no? go here: http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html and download it

Thanks

Still not working...... Active X and JVM is installed but wont work.... I even just install netscape and wont work on that either ima try Opera but my hopes are low.

I had that problem and I just disabled the error message because I couldn't get Java to work. Might not be a solution but it gets rid of those error messages.

Internet Options->Advance-> Disable notfication about every script error
    Live Long and Prosper!

don't do all that craziness, this is what you are looking for

Here is a download link for MS Java that will enable
    and update Java
    on XP as long as you have IE4 or above installed.

1. Download: ftp://ftp.visualware.com/pub/java/msjavx86.exe

2. Here is the page that link came off of
    http://www.visualware.com/support/javasupport.html

Re: IE6 and XP

Originally posted by Gkntraining
    I got IE6 and XP home edition and for some reason i cant get javascript to work.... for the sites that uses the java virtual machine i keep gettin an error message and im wonderin if theres anyway to fix it because micrsoft gots no fix for it on thier site well at least that i could find. Thanks
    try installing JAVA here's the link

http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html

it won't work!