Thread: Problems With video out

Problems With video out

I have recently purchased an MSI Geforce3 Ti500 video card with TV out. When I hook it up to my TV I cannot change the resolution on it, and it squishes the sides in, making it useless for viewing, as it doesn't use about 1/5th of the left and right side.

I am running WinXP, and it will not allow me to change the resolution to anything less than 800 X 600. I have changed the drivers to 4 times, and nothing seems to help. I thought there used to be a way to move the desktop left, right, up, down, and stretch it with software, not just the monitor controls.

Any help would be appreciated greatly.

In the nVidia drivers settings option page in Display Properties

you should have the panel to control the wide and hight for the size adjustments.

have you tried that?

Gone
    640x480 16bit is closer to a tv's native res. Heck its with tv dvd res. for that matter. Ther eis some way to force a app to run in 640x480 I have done it for games and stuff so you mus tbe in some way able to force tv out to do the same. How, I dont know. One way that would be a real pain would be to change your mon to a tv (select tv as mon in display settings) after its running tv out. I did this with my v3 to get the 640x480 and 800x600 settings to wrok right. It should allow it then cause if XP sense that the mon is 640x480 it will not offer 800x600 for settings I have seen it already on a old PB mon! So it can, it jsut doesnt want to is all.

Try TVTool.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

Thanks

Thank you everyone who replied, and especially thank you ND, that program was exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much.