Thread: Windows Update ??? about Update Drivers

Windows Update ??? about Update Drivers

I have an AOpen GeForce3 T1200 64MB vid card. The current driver is the 28.32. I know about a 29.42 updated driver and I think there's an even newer one. Knowing this I'm wondering why when I go to Windows Update I don't see anything in the Update Drivers section. Shoudn't the newer version driver(s) be reflected in the Update Drivers Section for d/load and install? I did click on Update Driver in Device Manager>Display Adapters>NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 200 and the Hardware Update Wizard asked for the hardware installation Disk. This is important huh? I didn't install the CD once on another computer and really messed it up!

Everything is looking good including the one Driving Sim I've got, getting between 60-100 fps and I like to follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" principle, but have these questions. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by Mach2; 08-17-2002 at 03:26 AM.

Just go directly to nvidia's website.

www.nvidia.com
    or
    http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers

What's wrong with going to Device Manager>Display Adapters>right clicking NVIDIA GEFORCE3 Ti200, selecting the Driver Tab and clicking on Update Drivers? Shouldn't XP Home go to the NVIDIA Site? Just wondering.

Nope, it WON'T. It'll install latest MS drivers instead, which may not be as updated as those hosted by nVIDIA.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

All righty then. Thanks ND.........as a small grasshopper, I will learn the lessons of life. Off to AOpen Support I go.

nvidia are the people with the drivers, maybe you should llok for them there

That's where I'll go. AOpen Support doesn't have drivers for their GF3 Ti200 64MB...just their 128MB.

Thanks all for the help.

Most manufacturers would only have repackaged nvidia drivers rather than drivers tweaked specifically for their product. So, you should be able to use the whatever nvidia driver Aopen has available, since that's exactly what Aopen did.

But NVIDIA would have the latest drivers, so there's almost no point in downloading manufacturers' drivers over NVIDIA's.

The drivers are reference, which means that they will work on every nVIDIA card starting with TNT and ending with GeForce4 Ti4600. Not speaking about the difference in o/b memory
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

ND, so you're saying I could d/load & install the GeForce3 Ti200 128MB drivers AOpen has on theie Site for my Ti 200 64MB Card?

YES.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to say
    Or get the latest reference (v30.82) from nVIDIA.
    Using them now with my 128MB Palit Daytona GeForce3 Ti200. Everything is c()()l

ND, I clicked on your Profile button, clicked on email ND and sent you an email.

Got it.
    Next time post it here, you may get more replies.
    That's what forums are ...

Yup, you're right. I tried to see what was in the email I sent you, but didn't see the sent email. Could you answer the questions? Thanks.