View Poll Results: why is amd getting bashed by most of the general public?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • not enough advertising

7 18.92%
  • everyone is brainwashed by the mhz myth

19 51.35%
  • intel has faster processors

1 2.70%
  • bashing? I think people are making the right decisions by getting intel processors

10 27.03%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: tired of the amd bashing

tired of the amd bashing

Im tired of all the people who have no idea what thier talking about saying things like"pentiums are more stable than athlons" or "you have to have a pentium to run windows" and "my 1.3 ghz pentium beats your 1.2 ghz athlon". The poor poor misinformed general public...if they only knew. Amd need to get some advertising out there that tells people the truth. Its freaky, the general public are like.... like... intel zombies or something. How do you guys feel about it? Personally, it makes me mad , becuase I think, if people knew the truth about the mhz myth and stuff, amd would be the big company, and intel would be the underdog. Amd is only taking a beating because most people don't know that you can get a much better amd system for cheap, then you could an intel system for the same price. Intel, at this time, is winning in the speed race, but that shouldn't matter because 95% of people are getting a budget or midrange system. If ya ask me, amd is getting a very unfair bashing by the general public. Thank God most of us that surf the forums know the truth about the mhz myth.

Please, no flaming. Just opinions on the matter.

AMD SUCKS!
    that is what I thought until I got my first AMD cpu at1600+
    it is way better than intels 1.6/1.7!!

AMD has never advertised..
    so people still stick to Intel..
    and people also think biggerMHZ is better .(I used to think like this)

theres a couple of reasons why intel are better:

pentiums are more stable than athlons.
    you have to have a pentium to run windows
    my 1.3 ghz pentium beats your 1.2 ghz athlon

It's personal choice at the end of the day, nothing more because there are arguments for and against each. 'Nough said
    take a look at some real hardware mods:

www.condoms.co.uk

Does anyone really care about public opinion? Does anyone really care what processor the guy sitting next to you is using?

Originally posted by cheekymonkey
    [B]theres a couple of reasons why intel are better:

pentiums are more stable than athlons.
    you have to have a pentium to run windows
    my 1.3 ghz pentium beats your 1.2 ghz athlon

B]
    Lol, mean old amd basher

Steve has a point here,

besides myself, my colleges and all the people i know they can careless about how MANY ### Mhz or #.# Ghz a computer has.

They and me we care about how fast things are done, and how quick it feels when we are doing the job.

and AMD provides me that feeling. Intel instead is slow.

and it's suppose to be a Wintel platform, how ironic.

even waaaaaaay back then when Pentium and AMD 586, the AMD 586 cpus ran windows and all the other software faster than Intel.

Intel yes indeed it's fast, but it seems to be only fast for GAMEs, and NASA type of scientific works, but for regular people, Besides GAMES, i don't see any high performance with it. even with todays P4 2 Ghz which is what i'm using now to type here. in the other hand the XP 2000+ i use, does everything waaaaaaay faster.

so anways it's all in the Feel, and not the Numbers, so if AMD wants to play names, let them, if Intel wants to play numbers let them, i can care less, as long as the end product is really that fast for the human feel as advertized then i don't see a problem

you know what, im gonna buy AMD chips until AMD get big and bigger than Intel, and when Intel is the underdog ill buy Intel chips, cos if one goes out of the market they will make the CPU's go SKY HIGH.

Originally posted by AllGamer
    Steve has a point here,

besides myself, my colleges and all the people i know they can careless about how MANY ### Mhz or #.# Ghz a computer has.

[/B]
    The way i see it is... all the bull**** talk MHz and GHz speed is all relative. The speed is relative to exactally what hardware is in the system, what OS is installed, what version of what drivers are installed, the conditions & size of the OS registry, etc. In simple, if it does the job, at a good and decent speed, no crashing etc - then isnt that really what your looking for in a computer ?

I myself, an IT professional, am currently using an old AMD Athalon 600mHz with 196RAM and a NVidia TNT2 M64.
    It does the job for the moment (while cash is hard with no car).
    Outside of this ive also got my Notebook - IBM Thinkpad 600E.
    PII 400 - 196MB RAM, 10GB HDD and DVD.
    Anyway back to the point - currently im building 10 systems for a client... and there all AMD Duron 1.2GHz. Simple reason,.. cost. As far as im concerned, AMD is cheaper, slightly faster, and just as stable, if not more so.
    Note: I recently read a review with benchmark comparisms between Intel and AMD. With the new (overclocked) 533mHz FSB available for P4, the P4 did actually beat AMD in every benchmark. But AMD is only still (at a max) using a 266 FSB, so if they had the same then AMD is miles ahead.* * sorry bout the tech rant in this thread **

Look at the any Best Buy ad. Now if you look at the cheap-end computers ($400) you will notice that all are intel Cereron and all are e-machine's. If E-machinces could get it cheaper (from AMD) then why would they keep using intel, since there entire business it to make CHEAP, low end comps? Even if they made a deal with intel to exlusivly use intel chips i'm sure it was a better offer than AMD made/could of made. My point is the average joe looks and buys a computer based on the price he is willing to pay not cause it has AMD or intel.

My .02

Originally posted by Optimus Prime
    you know what, im gonna buy AMD chips until AMD get big and bigger than Intel, and when Intel is the underdog ill buy Intel chips, cos if one goes out of the market they will make the CPU's go SKY HIGH.
    Yeap, that's what i do too for every product, video/cpu/hdd/etc

so we can keep competitions alive, to get lower prices, and better product

Originally posted by bob05
    My point is the average joe looks and buys a computer based on the price he is willing to pay not cause it has AMD or intel.

My .02
    thats 'cause your average joe doesn't know **** about computers

i got slammed down pretty hard when i built a computer for my uncle. didnt know **** about computers, then he made contact with his freind who was a smart *** with a 'pentium4 1.8ghz. things got a little out of hand, but after showing him graphs (benchmarks) and repeating myself 100's of times about PR rating, mhz etc, he understood.

I heard my friend said Intel have little bug on their first P4 (not sure if this true)

not everyone know about computer's hardware that is why there is so many dumb commercial going on.
    Last edited by Aznmask; 08-16-2002 at 09:07 PM.
    Leo

Originally posted by wallijonn
    http://www.tech-review.com/articles/...?id=226&page=2

read the article, vote, then read the replies. echoes...
    yeah, ok mr.iknoweverything now go on that page and see the poll count...

his points are flawed and most of them could be turned on INTEL.

Originally posted by wallijonn
    http://www.tech-review.com/articles/...?id=226&page=2

read the article, vote, then read the replies. echoes...

WHAT **** IS THAT?!?!?
    Why not buy AMD cuz of theses??

So what are the main problems:

1. Heat
    2. Power usage
    3. Lack of decent chipsets
    4. Cost of motherboards
    5. Fragility of chips
    6. Speed rating
    7. Learn from Intel you morons!
    8. Money

Heat?!? well if you don't have a good HSF then sure, any CPU will burn without it.

Power has never been an issue

Lack of chipsets?!?! since when?!?!?
    this review is sooooo outdated, from Pre-266 times man

COST OF MOBO?!?! LOL they are the cheapest things ever, you can get a AMD mobo for $40

FRAGILE!?!?! LOL if you are crumpsy only, they look thick enough to me man, anythicker is back for heat

Speed Rating is fine, 1.4 vs 1.4 and intel is like 30% behind...geez...

LOL biggest laught ever "learn from intel"

Yeah AMD did learn from Intel alrite, they learned to to brain wash people
    they learned to make better CPUs at lower cost
    they learned to use better technology
    they learned to squezze the last drop of power out 1 bus and 1 core, before switching to something else.
    and i can go on and on and on and on...

this is the bigges bull of all "money" AMD CPUs are the lowest in the market.

Man CLEARLY this guy has done NO RESEARCH WHAT SO EVER, and is 110% Biased to Intel.

I wonder how much he got paid...