Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How Many People Have Lost There Spouse Because Of Computers?

The only problem I had with my ex was my ex, she got mean, hateful, even before we got a computer, hope she enjoys that machine, I really do, cuz it isn't nearly the company I was

Obsessions make wonderful slaves but they are terrible masters.

I have the best of both worlds. She works nights and I work days. We pass each other at 4 A.M.
    I don't want to go off on a rant here but,....

now days people get boy/girl friends cause of the com!

luckiest guy in the world w/my wife and kids

computer time early a.m while they're still in bed

or no more that 30 minutes or so at night, except when I'm consulting, which is work related so no complaints

not into gaming - also learned alot online and save lots of money when upgrading machines here in the house so I'm not usually spending any more $$ than she is on special stuff for her (she's very thrifty)

kids don't complain 'cuz I do the multitasking thing like one of the other posts - just means I'm usually exhausted and will die an early death as a result

with all my life insurance - keep telling my wife not to worry......

I'm worth more dead than alive!

p.s. most of my friends and neighbors, in fact anyone that knows my wife and kids either have voodoo dolls of me with pins stuck everywhere (or that could be the weekend warrior sessions doing surfing, sports, working around the house) - or they have weekly prayer sessions asking that I get terminal cancer or something so they'll get a chance......
    p.p.s. you younger guys shouldn't give up hope - one disastrous prior marriage for me but look at me now

i still have to experience that feelin....might be interesting...wait a minute it sounds great...

How Many People Have Lost There Spouse Because Of Computers?
    Not me! Mines around here somewhere.................I think.

Mine harps at me all the time. Whenever she gets home, its always, "Your on that computer everytime I get home from work". Strange thing is, she gets off work before I do and she always goes straight to her mother's house. So its like 9pm when she gets home. Everyday I have to remind her that she was at her mother's house, and what am I supposed to do till she gets home, watch tv?

Stop!!!! watching !!!!that’s!! Windows ,,,, I’m already naked and fertile

ctrl + alt + del or ignore

The trick is to combine things artfully.

I just built a machine for my father-in-law. Saved him about $1000 on what Dell would have done to him. The in-laws love me!

I ended up dating my last girlfriend because of email (people are braver there eh?). We met in class, but ended up dating because we were both much less shy online. Happily married 4 years now.

How to fix the computer time?

1... Yes! Make sure you aren't competing for pc time (2 machines at home on shared high speed internet!)

2... Try this: Hey honey, look at this great new game! (you've got to be careful with this - if you show her Unreal Tournament you will probably fail, if you show her something like the Sims you're golden). Once she's hooked she can't bug you about how much time you spend on it!

Don't try this until you're really good at it, but my last gaming suggestion was Neverwinter Nights and she's on Chapter 4 now. I ended up not getting into it and staying on RTCW multiplayer. Everybody's happy!

T

Well, my gf is in night school in her college , so I come home while she's going to school. Plenty of PC time there. Then she works with her mom afterwards so more pc time. Then like I only see her on Friday's, Saturday's, and Sundays. I got four days for pc, Then on Sat and Sun, I got the mornings .

She can't complain becuase I treat her like a queen and spoil her rotten. And if she ever thinks of leaving me because she thinks that I spend way too much time on computers, I just remind her what I do for a living and how she gets the clothes she can't buy, and things that she can't afford without her being married or living with me.

Mines was quite anti-computing till she discovered she could watch what she liked on TV, get her custom albums manufactured and can watch the latest home movies i make and now i am positively encouraged to spend time on the pc.

If she begins to geta bit crabby, ninety minutes of European Cup action usually cures it, and Golf and Snooker if she's playing tuff.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

And then there was the night she asked me to come watch TV with her ....I turned it to screensavers....what did I do that for????
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

I showed my wife GTA3, she didn't like it too much.
    I showed her how you can run people over, shoot them, and beat em with a baseball bat. Also showed the the hooker and how to get your money back. She thought that was mean. I ask her, what beating the hooker up or taking my money back?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Computers are femail anyway,

Slightest thing wrong & its a major deal

Just in the midst of getting rid of a straggler at the moment
    I thought my reply of foxtrot oscar when she asked (marriage)should of been plain enough