Thread: Video problem

Video problem

I am tryin to upgrade my video to a geforce 4 mx 440 and all i need to do is disable the onboard video on the motherboard. problem is the bios dosent give me the option for dis and i dont know if it involves jumpers. Another problem is HP the ppl who made my computer wont help me unless i pay them even though i got a warranty. WEll its a HP pavallion 510 with a built in video and the bios will not lettme disable it. Any suggestions.

Sorry but there's simply no way to make your new GF4 work unless you buy a new computer.

another guy like you using Pavilioin with onboard video, just found out the HARD WAY.

they helped him dissabled in the BIOS, but that still does not turn it off.
    i've seen those mobos before, and it's true, even at OFF, they are still ON

so time to get a new Decent computer withouth the PAVILION name on the box.

If you are not planning on getting a new computer anytime now, then you better return your GF4 to the store, before they deny you the refund.

there has 2 be another way man i mean i called the hp ppl and they said i have 2 pay them 2 get it working why would he say that if there isnt a way??

what OS are you running? if it's 98 or me, change the onboard video driver to standard vga, then disable it in device manager.

i think the hp guy meant that if he provides tech support for non-hp parts, the customer has to pay.

xp

Windows XP a very complicatin os when u have a complicated problem aka bios.

so u guys are saying i am royaly ****ed?? that there is NO POSSIBLE WAY i can disable my onboard pci vcard and use my gf4 420 pci card?? **** dude i got jipped =(

thankz wallijon

Other ppl gave me that link thing is that dosent help me with the model i have pavilllion 510n. HP dont want ppl upgradin and datz a dirty way of doin business.

Exactely !!
    HP / Compaq, wants you to buy a NEW system from them again, when you are planning to "upgrade" just your video card, so you can enjoy your games better.

yea

wat getz me is that they'll help me upgrade everything else but video. Shoot they even have a guide to upgrade the fickin processor. Pardon my language but this is really stupid and frustrated. Im bout to burn the onboard video to disable it. heh

did you try installing the new card yet? xp is capable of using multiple video cards. i didn't see that you tried it or not.

he did, that was the first thing i helped him do, to set up a Dual Video, and nope, it crapped out on him.

thankz

Im sorry i forgot to mention wat i tried. i tried installin it with the on board video enable (since i cant disable it) and the geforce wouldnt work. if i plug the moniter to the geforce blank screen plug it to onboard video all i get is windows. it wont even show the startup screens before like the startup procedure bios stuff. its blank screen till windows fully booted. IF i disable onboard video from windows i get blank screen. and yes i tried disabling it also when i have the geforce installed physically and drivers and all. So i know the only thing i can do is disable on board video from either bios or some jumpers inside. Which HP helpfully id not give a key for motherboard in the computer so u dont really know wat any of the jumpers are there for. I would like to give a big 2 thumps down to HP/COmpaw for bein money hungry jerks.