Thread: A7V333 Vcore

A7V333 Vcore

How can i lower the cpu voltage (Vcore) on this mobo. All the mobo jumpers are set to jumperfree mode. But still i can only adjust the voltage between the default 1.75 and 1.85V.

I also tried the overvolt and VID (voltage unlimited) jumpers, without succes.

Thanks. Robert

Vcore can only be adjusted upward of the specified CPU voltage spec - at least in every BIOS that I ever had.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I seriously doubt an Athlon XP would even run with its Vcore below 1.75 - that is afterall, what it is supposed to be at. I too, have never seen a motherboard that lets you run a CPU below default voltage - for good reason - it would either not work at all or be extremely unstable.

If i'm not mistaking i read somewhere that some people lower there Vcore in order to let the cpu run cooler.

Well i guess i'll have to look for a bigger heatsink, because my XP 1900+ is at 60 degrees C idle with the retail heatsink and radioshack thermal paste.

Thanks for the replys.

Robert

The best and most performing coolers at present are the Thermalright SLK800 line.
    This cooler will accept any size fan you wish to install on it.
    Pair this cooler with a 80mm 60cfm or better fan and the cpu won't run anywhere near that hot anylonger.

Originally posted by Ape0r
    I seriously doubt an Athlon XP would even run with its Vcore below 1.75 - that is afterall, what it is supposed to be at. I too, have never seen a motherboard that lets you run a CPU below default voltage - for good reason - it would either not work at all or be extremely unstable.
    U are wrong there, mine runs at 1.35 and still works, not that it's right with me, but it seems my mobo won't let me set it higher than 1.55 anymore!!