Thread: Abit motherboard sound

Abit motherboard sound

I recently purchased a used Abit VA6 mobo that has built in sound. I have enabled the sound in bios, but cannot find a sound driver in Win98se that works. I did not get the driver cd with the mobo. How can I get a soundcard driver for this guy?

thanks,

BIGO

PS: the abit web site is a pain to navigate and find anything useful!
    Last edited by BIGO; 08-01-2002 at 08:06 PM.

got to www.abit-usa.com

and search for the drivers.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that url ties back to the abit.tw.com site (tiawan) immediately with the same slow navigation and crappy menus. I can get to VA6 mobo link, but the only driver that downloads takes about one-half second to downlowd.

yes I noticed today is pretty slow.

normally it's very fast.

maybe a Sattellite or 2 is down or something.

lol

Well, this "driver that downloads takes about one-half second to downlowd" is a self extracting archive, once you extract it you'll have two files, when selecting the driver for your o/b audio select the .inf file.
    If you want the most recent drivers, you can take them here.
    Good luck
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

Didn't you get a CD for driver installation after 98 or any OS has been installed, or is this an OEM board? I know that most CD's for drivers are outdated by 3-6 months, but it's better then hunting the net for drivers and downloading them if you are using 56k.

Thanks ND and Antix! I did notice the two files after extracting...wasn't sure what to do next.
    I use ADSL on downloads...thank goodness.

I keep noticing a lot of people ignores the CDs that comes with their hardwares.

3 or 4 years i go i used to do the same, but since the last couple of years, Included CDs really improved in quality as far as drivers / utilities, .PDF manuals, trial ware softwares, free software, games, etc...

so a lot of people are missing out on a lot of nice little things.

usually the nicest tools and utils, are buried extremely deep inside sub dirs after sub dirs and more directories

I wish I HAD the original driver CD!! (see my first post) I bought the mobo used and the guy sent no cables, no cd, not even a power cord...
    Luckily everything works ok except for the internal sound

First of all, I would contact the person you purchased the VP6 from and ask him to send the install CD to you.
    If this is a NO, then go to Abit's site and download section.
    Find the mobo you are using, and download the approrporate files for the on-board sound.
    There may be more files that you need also while you are there. The drivers should have an inf file for you to read and gather some idea how they work, and how to install the drivers.