Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asus k7v333 junk, I need a new board "trash". Please advise reliable board.

Asus k7v333 junk, I need a new board "trash". Please advise reliable board.

I hate this asus board. I think it just died after some use again. Please let me know what's a good reliable board to use. I'm running crucial pc2700 so i'm looking for a 333 board.

I'm thinking about the MSI Kt3-ultra. And gigabyte Ga-7vrxp.

Please reccommend me a stable nice board. Price and value doesn't matter. I just want something stable. Let me know which board is working for all of you people.

Abit All the way man

or yes the GigaByte is good

notice that if you are into OC, then GigaByte is not a good choice, they are known to be Solid and reliable like a rock with fast performance, for Legit speed.

Take the EPoX EP-8K3A+ or EPoX EP-8K5A2+ (the + stands for Raid) info: http://www.elito-epox.com/
    Abit is not a bad choice to...

TRON

At present we have two KT333 systems up and running.
    They are on all day 7 days a week.
    One is the Abit KX7333 and the other is Epox 8K3A, as of now we have expierenced no problems with either system.
    We are running these systems at 166fsb and 166mhz memory (333mhz) No problems at all.
    I would recommend either of these mobo's.
    But as always, I suggest you purchase from a vender that has a test bench and setup and test the board before shipping to you. This usually delays the shipment by one day.
    But will relieve you of a lot of headaches.

The vender I normally use for this service is www.axiontech.com they are out of Houston Texas and really a great vender.
    Last edited by BobyJo; 07-31-2002 at 08:14 AM.

I see your point! The reason I was thinking about the kt3 is because i have a pricewatch store near where i live. I can easily return it or have it bench on the spot and no shipping charges. The bad part is that they want 99 for that 80 board. I know they sell the Gigabyte Ga-7vtxe for like 57 which is a great deal. However it is a 266board but it was another option due to it's price/value. I'm still leaning for a 333 board though. 166fsb sounds fast.

Some of the 266a's were good performing boards. There were some that just didn't cut it.
    I am not familiar with the Gigabyte board you are talking about. The 8KHA+ from Epox is the one we had a lot of expierence with. Great performing board, even out performs the KT333's in some benchs. Memory Bandwidth and the like was better on some 8KHA+ boards.
    I still like the KT333's because of the fact you can run the system at 333fsb and 333 memory. Seems more stable at these settings than running at 266 & 266, sure is faster anyway and as stable.
    I would recommend that you stay with the mainstream mobo's. MSI makes a good product, I personally have not built one, but reading the reports show they are a good product.
    We normally build with Epox, but will install any make the customer wants.

I love my MSI KT3-Ultra ARU, it has been rock solid for 3 months now. Plus the on-board sound. sounds as good as my Audigy, so you cna save a few on a sound card. Even the Live driver actually worked. Although I recommend getting a Bios Savior, before relying on the Live Driver for your bios.
    -Don't Present me with a Problem, Present me with a Possible Solution-

gtr::The first thing you need to do is get the RMA handled on the Asus mobo.
    Are you entitled to exchange the Asus for another brand?
    If it is over 30 days since you purchased the Asus, you probably will have to accept another Asus A7V333 for replacement.
    I have heard this mobo is an excellent product.
    Maybe you have received a bad mobo from the mfg.
    I know this is a very popular mobo, and all of them can't be bad, and have this kind of following.
    I am not tring to tell you what to do, just some suggestions, and info needed to make a good decision in your situation.

If you are not in a dire situation and need something done immediately, I would suggest waiting a couple of weeks and see the Epox 8RGA+ NForce 2 mobo.
    These can be had without video, so you may install the video card you have already.
    This is supposed to be one of the better quality motherboard being produced as to this date.
    Other than that, I will also suggest the new SIS chipset, they will be overtaking VIA in total sales and performance this month. Thier new chipset is simply amazing.
    Last edited by BobyJo; 08-01-2002 at 10:47 AM.

I just sent the board in today. I'm sick of using this laptop. I was thinking about getting an inexpensive board and be done with it and see what's the outcome of the asus board. The gigabyte Ga-7vrxp ran really well for being a $58 mobo and i've just installed one on my sis's computer and it runs great. I'm just inpatient and having a hard time waiting. I really should wait but..... "slow laptop"

New Sis chipset?? Are you talking about the P4 648? or there is a new one coming for athlons?
    Last edited by gtr; 08-01-2002 at 02:28 PM.

The answer is Yes, a new version of DDR333-DDR400 chipset is coming from SIS. No definate release date is set that I know of. Should be here maybe within a month or so. Seems like most everyone else has thier stuff coming out by Sept 2002.

I posted another thread about a new socket A board from Gigabyte, it is a "400" board, but can use PC2700.

The SiS 745 (DDR 333) has been out for quite a while now. The competitor is the KT333. I wonder ALi is making one (what am I saying ALi is nuckin futz! hehe)

I personally think you should get the same board ive been running my a7v333 for almost 2 monts straight no lockups and only one restart for installing xp update. It is a great board works perfect for me and ive not seen any other kt333 board with as much all around performance and stability. I once received a shuttle board that repetedly locked up and i RMA the board couldnt get my money back so i got the board and it worked just perfect. Also could it be that you have another hardware problem.

I have just read this article about a new MSI mobo. You might wanna check it out too...

http://www.amd3d.com/review/kt3ultra2/index.htm

"The one significant piece of hardware that deviates from its ancestor is the new VT8235 South Bridge. Out goes the NEC USB 2.0 as the VT8235 has USB 2.0 onboard. The VT8235 can support a 10/100 Ethernet device, ATA-133, 5 PCI 2.1 devices, as well as 6 Channel Surround Sound. I suppose it’s the sign of progress that the South Bridge loses 1 PCI device, but picks up USB 2.0.
    " - taken from that article...