Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats the highest quality brand??

Hybrid View

Whats the highest quality brand??

If I want to buy the best PC what is the best brand to consider and why??

Dell, Gateway, Alienware, HP, Falcon N-w, Velocity, Compaq , etc....

EDIT....... I personally think along with the majority here that building your own is the way to go, but if you were forced at gunpoint to buy a brand named PC, what brand and why ??
    Last edited by Tditty; 07-28-2002 at 01:41 AM.

My opinion: MAKE IT YOURSELF!

I have seen too many problems come and go from the OEM makers that makes me want to puke.

The top reasons for not getting one and I will use HP for eg:

1. One year warranty on the computer for software/hardware, after that you are on your own, unless you buy a configured model that gets you lifetime phone support for the OS and bundled OEM software.

2. The most god-aweful techs you will ever deal with. Contracted employees, trained by a contractee for the OEM where the employees can be housewifes, construction workers etc.

3. Extended warranties need to be verified if the proof of the warranty is not in technical supports' computer system, this can take up to 72 hrs to verify because you will need to fax it in.

4. Warranty services are not in home, and can take up to 2 weeks to get a component replaced, unless you have the HP extended plan with the in-home where the process takes a week.

Getting an OEM is not worth the hassle. My friend has a Dell and has shipped back 13 replacement parts including monitors, motherboards, video cards, etc all in one year.

I can only recommend a PC building book or an A+ book that can teach you how to build one on your own.

The best quality system, is one that you build yourself to what you want it to do.

I bought my wife a Dell, very happy with it. We did have a problem with it about a month after we got it, The hard drive decided to kick the bucket. Dell had a guy out to our house within three days to replace it. No other problems with the machine at all. I'd recommend a Dell to anyone looking for a ready to go PC.

Yep, I'd say make it yourself too. You know what kind of quality you're getting that way. Plus, you may learn a thing or two. I have three computers here, two I've built and my main one is a Dell. I've had the Dell for over a year and a half, and I've had no problems. The reason I got the Dell is because I didn't have enough money up front to build a computer. So I went through Dell and financed one. So I'd say, build yourself a good one if you can afford to. If you want one right away and don't have the money, I'd say go with Dell.

heh you can start looking for parts on www.pricewatch.com really good prices there, need any help on finding stuff just ask me k?

or ask these good people in this forum too

im not a guru myself but i've got a godly computer for under $1200 with pricewatch and i've search really extensively on that site when i wuz picking out the parts.

Re: Whats the highest quality brand??

Originally posted by Tditty

EDIT....... I personally think along with the majority here that building your own is the way to go, but if you were forced at gunpoint to buy a brand named PC, what brand and why ??

What is the best Name Brand PC if you had to choose, Dont say build it yourself pls:)

If I want to buy the best PC what is the best brand to consider and why?? ( Please dont say self built )

I personally think along with the majority here that building your own is the way to go, but if you were forced at gunpoint to buy a brand named PC, what brand and why ??

Those brand PC only tell u how fast the CPU, Hard-drive, cd-rom, and etc. but they dont tell you how suck the sound & video card.

But in my opinion build one cost more czu u have to buy the Window XP? correct me if i'm wrong...
    Leo

If you buy a ready made computer that comes with XP, you paid for it. No way is BG giving it away for free, it's factored into the total cost of the PC.

double post, in the same forum. I mean comeon

Stefan
    Stefan

I would say Dell.

But get the High End 8200 and up.

Stay away from the 4000 series, they are ****.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

Originally posted by DocEvi1
    double post, in the same forum. I mean comeon

Stefan
    As personally stated , I posted this again because if you look at the last one 99% of the replys were Build your own so I was hoping this one would get more responses i was looking to get. If you are a moderator you can delete the other thread.

Originally posted by Tditty
    If you are a moderator you can delete the other thread.
    Done.

Commonly available PC - Dell.

Custom - Alienware or Falcon Northwest.
    MS MCP, MCSE