Thread: HP 5550 printer

HP 5550 printer

Has anyone bought and used this printer yet, if so what are your thoughts. I have been looking at the HP 960 and the Canon S750. Thanks for any info. fangoria

I just went to HP's site. The 5550 looks nice and the spec's seem great. That dual sided printing option is $80 more. The big black ink cartridge is $25 and Tri-Color is $35. I'm sure the price would be cheaper at one of your favorite online stores. I have a old HP 693C and also a HP 722C. I have used the 722 for about 4 years and just ran out of ink again. I also have a Epson (I think C-40) upstairs and it is good and quiet. I had sworn off Epson in the early 90's, but have relented now. Canon uses different and maybe better technology and I have always heard good of them. I like HP, mine is noisy, but reliable. I expect the 5550 will be good.

i have a 960, its pretty quiet actually, but very slow on 2400*1400 (i think) mode.

Just did a quick check at Epinions.com... couldn't find any info. for the HP but the Canon seems to have decent ratings 5.5 - 6 stars. Here's a link if your interested in seeing the reviewers comments.
    http://www.epinions.com/Canon_S750_C...splay_~reviews