Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rain Showers inside my computer

he he - yeah - never use direct heat on computer parts to dry them - but blowing warm air over them will be okay. Honestly - the air in there coming off of the CPU and GPU is as hot or hotter than a hairdryer on low. A gentle warm breeze will not be bad for drying it.

I think his com must have dried by noW!!!

WHEEN ARE you gointo put it on!!

THe little nooks, like the agp slots and stuff might not be dry yet. If ya ask me he should wait 3 days at least.

OKOK le em wait for 2 more days!!

i spilled coke inside my computer while it was running once. went all over the ram and the cpu but he thing was still running. at the time i didnt think the cola got into the computer so i kept it running. it ran for about 2 min then started freaking out. i shut if off and cleaned off the ram and the cpu. i didnt have any contact spray or canned air so i used a wendys straw and some hot breath and blew the coke out of the ram ports and ziff socket. it took a coulple of tries to get it all cleaned out cause it kept locking. that was 2 years ago, i gave it to a friend when i upgraded and to this day its still running. im sure i got lucky.

that time I was busy playing my play station I keep ignoring my young son ,,all of the sudden he pee on my play station,,,, I panic to save the station but did not survive the flash flood ,,,dead.
    My be if I have that wendys magical straw I will able to save my ps.

Ide' say you've got over twice the chances of survival if it gets wet when its off. Cuz the main thing about it getting wet is shorting out and frying itself. It would be really hard to short out something while it is off. The real important thing is to absolutely sure its dry before you turn it back on. When its dry, shorts are gone, should work ok. In a rare case it could knock out your bios settings, cuz they're stored in volitile storage and use a little battery to keep the settings. Short the battery, discharge it, lose the settings. Proly have the same effect on your settings as a dead BIOS battery.

My Computer Survived

After spending almost 40 anxious hours and two sleepless nights, I assembled back my system and it worked. There were high hopes after reading views of people here. My computer was not soaked in water as some of you were thinking.

I put on Mobo and CPU first, switched ON. All the fans worked. Then I connected the graphics board and checked again. The display was fine. The graphics card was on top so it saved all cards below this. All the labels and UPC codes are damaged. I was wondering if they will accept it under warrenty (in case required) Only 2 days back I received it.

I then assembled everything in the case and tested. It is working nice as before. May be there's GOD's hand in this. Afterall he has his own ways of reminding people of their carelessness.

lol, you care that much about your computer? sleepless nights? LOL...

The real scary part is everyone who regularly visits these forums proly does too....

Maybe it was to show you how much you really are attached to your material possesions(thats a bad thing) ..... Id'e say all of us are attached to their computers.

If you had 2 days left to live, and you would not willingly smash your computer. It proly means you're attached to it. Ill admit it, I don't think I would smash mine...
    it would be fun though .. If I only had 2 days left to live I might accidentally run it over with my lawnmower

All the labels and UPC codes are damaged. I was wondering if they will accept it under warrenty (in case required) Only 2 days back I received it.
    Just ask yourself who is responsable for the damage. You just have to let your conscience be your guide. Dang, sometimes life just ain't fair.

Cool, So now ur PC is working. It's good to know that after such incidence also ur PC is working fine. Well once started it will work fine. Just for precaution keep checking all the connection in the slots. The chances for oxidation r low but still wipe them after a week so there is no chance for that.

A little bit of light rain through the window doesn't sound too bad; but I'm glad to hear that there wasn't permanent damage as a result.

I had a similar experience while staying over at my gf's place a couple of years ago. Flash rain storm and the guttering on the side of the house was partially blocked (student house... it was a beer can of course!). Rain water came into the corner of the room, through the ceiling, just as though a shower had been installed there while we were asleep. Not the most pleasant way to wake up suddenly during the night, I can tell you!

Her computer (not switched on, thank goodness) was directly below this torrent of rainwater flowing into the room from the ceiling. I'd estimate that about 10 gallons came through in a couple of minutes. I can still see myself standing below this shower, holding a bucket to try and catch some of the water (not much use, the bucket filled up in a few seconds). Water sloshing about on the floor, with mains electric cables etc.; we got lucky, the fuses blew before we were electrocuted. We'd got our of bed and stepped straight into the water on the floor. The house didn't even have the modern circuit breakers or earth-leakage detectors fitted, just good ol' fashioned wire fuses. thinking about it, we were really lucky.

After it's shower, we left her computer disassembled for a couple of days to dry out thoroughly. Still works fine to this day.