Thread: LCD conversion anyone?

LCD conversion anyone?

I know I can do this, but I need some help, I want to take the LCD monitor from my laptop (which is a goner) and hook it up to my video card as a secondary desktop monitor. I've seen forums and such on this topic, but I can't seem to find one now. Anybody know where I can get some help?
    Daedalus

Hmmm not as simple as that. Unless your video card provides digital signals to drive an LCD and you know the pinouts of the screen you'll need to convert the signals from analogue (and still know the pinouts of the screen). There are a few providers of such video cards, www.tridentdisplays.co.uk are a potential source. Graphic cards designed to do this job are not exactly cheap in comparison to run of the mill cards. You'll need to be dedicated if you want to get this project under way .
    BTW another method (though not tried personally) would be to source a defunct LCD monitor and utilise the electronics from that
    Try www.eio.com, LCD (hyper email) discussion forum for more info on others attempting to do this kind of thing. Good luck