Thread: No AGP Texture Acceleration

No AGP Texture Acceleration

Powerstrip says AGP support is "not available." DirectX 8.1 says AGP Texture Acceleration: Not Available. And in 3DMark2001 benchmark test, the sky is bright white, some missing rendered detail, and low frame rate I'm using the lastest driver from ATi's website: "Catalyst" for my ATI Radeon 8500 LE.

How can I enable AGP Support in Power Strip? In DirectX 8.1 I do have DirextX 3D Acceleration, but No AGP "Texture Acceleraton." How can it be enabled?

System Specification:
    DFI AD73 Pro DDR mobo
    AMD T-Bird 1.47gig
    Mushkin DDR PC2100 256Meg
    ATI Radeaon 8500 LE
    IBM 40gig ATA100 5400 RPM
    Macron 350watt PSU
    Lite ON DVD ROM 16X
    Phillips CR-CW 4X4X24
    Name of the monitor I'm using is "digital," 17in. monitor analog

Gone

Come-on you ATI supporters!

Come on one of you must be able to help this person.
    <Bump>

I bought my new Radeon 8500 LE last week. Since then I have been trying and trying to get this card to work right. I even bought a new motherboard for it, and Radeon 8500 LE still does not work right. I heard and read much about how good Radeon 8500 is...but I hate the "fricken" card I received, that is the first ATi graphic card I ever own and it will be the last. I decided I'm going to return it to the vendor for a Geforce3 Ti 200. In the mean time, I'm putting back my 3dfx Voodoo5 back in my system.

My Radeon 8500 installed without a hitch and works great. Maybe you got a bad one or something.

I recall similar issue from before. As far as I remember it required to me to download the latest AGP drivers. In my case it was VIA KT 333 on my ASUS A7V 333, www.viaarena.com. I believe if you go to direct X diagnostics you do not see the APG texture acceleration highlighted/enabled and the "3d cube" does not spin smoothly. There is nothing wrong with your ATI Radeon
    Hope it will help

Update all the drivers you can such as your motherboard chip set and try other drivers for your card and try maybe even a different windows such as 2000,xp,98 se , ME, 95 (just kidding about 95)
    Chris Stafford

I changed the AGP via 4-in-1 driver version 4.37 from mobo installatioin CD to version 4.20a, the ones I downloaded from the viaarena site. It did no good. No AGP Texture Acceleration in DirectX 8.1. I changed operating system from win9x to winxp. It did no good. I looked at DirectX 8.1 showed no 3D Acceleration and no AGP Texture Acceleration.