Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Headphones

Headphones

Does anyone know anything about headphones? I'm looking for a good, very high quality and very loud pair of headphones.. the ones I have now for my computer are somewhat uncomfortable and are starting to come apart . I don't want one of those wireless things, because the batteries would always be dying on me as much time as I spend on the computer. Thanks for the help.

Sony DJ?700 are about the best sound you can get. About $150
    Stanton makes a pair that sound just like those, $100
    But if your on a budget, go for some sony 'phones, they sound great. Best Buy carries a lot of Sony stuff. And don't forget that Sony makes Aiwa.
    Daedalus

Beware if you are looking for loud headphones. You may do permanent damage to your ears.

The old fashioned padded headphones are the better for loud listening because they will create pressure to help you from listening too loud, although you still can.

The the foam ear piece are a bit dangerous because they don't create pressure and allow you to listen at higher levels. They can do more ear damage because of this.

I agree with sony gear. I have a pair of £20 sony headphones, and they beat most of the more expensive ones, although they do lack a little bass.

Stefan
    Stefan

I have AKG padded headphones, very good clear sound.
    the price (in argentina) is 60 uSs.

If you want a headset with a boom microphone, I recommend these:

http://www.officedepot.com/shop/cata...25391&LEVEL=SK

They sound great (I'm an audiophile too) and are dirt cheap. Hurry...they're running out!

Any Plantronics headset would do:

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...eId=cat1430032
    MS MCP, MCSE

Ape0r what will you use these headphones for? gaming? music? what kind of music?

you can't just come out and say that Sony DJxxx are the best headphones.. what if Ape0r listens to classical, or jazz, bluegrass, etc etc-- those headphones wouldn't be suited to his needs for the $$

There are great all purpose type headphones out there in the $100 range though, (Sennheisers, Grado's, etc)...

ripthesystem

I play games, watch movies (mostly action) and listen to techno, various kinds of rock and a bit of classical. Also, I don't plan to have them so loud that I damage my ears . I've found that when I watch DVDs the sound output can be quite disappointing on my current pair, even with all the volume controls maxed out it still just gives what you would normally get while watching tv with it on normal volume. BTW Thanks for all the help! I wasn't expecting to get out of bed this afternoon (lol) and find all these responses.

sounds like it's time to start reading

http://www.audioreview.com/Headphones/PLS_2750crx.aspx

good luck- if you have any questions feel free to ask(as always)
    hth
    ripthesystem

ive played with headphones for 25 years..the best= Koss..i dont have thje model # off hand but they are small and usually sell for about $30--sound as goo as any headphone costing 3X the price--these r also sold by Radio Shack as 'Pro 80"--sumtimes on sale for as little as $19.95---ive used them on walkmans..very good sound and efficient (ie-dont draw much power off the audio circuits).

I hear Grado headphones r good--but more expensive.

Ive been disappointed with Seinheiser and Sony--JVC not too bad.

HTH
    ed

Headphones are a great addition for pc system. I've been using my Sony MDR-V2 for years now and they sound great. They can handle the bass as well as the highs. Perfect for the hardcore gamer playing in the middle of the night in apartments because you didn't want to wake up the neighbors with your Klipschs.

Regardless of what you do with your headphones Sony makes a good pair for you. The more you spend, the greater the frequency response will be. Prices range from $20 to $200? dollars.

And I can say the Sony DJ-700 are the best out there. They have a greater range of frequencies than any other pair of phones on the consumer market... I've heard around thirty different pairs of headphones this year, and none have compared.
    Daedalus

im using a pair of senheisser, headphones that are a few years old, they are good, not spectacular, but i prefer not to use headphones as i now have a slight ringing in my ear permernantly. Be careful with your use of headphones loudspeakers are a betteroption IMO

Hearing and sound are a very personal thing. No two people hear the same sound the same way and what pleases one ear won't please another. I remember in the '70s there were two types of speakers - the "West coast" and "East coast" sounds. JBL typified the former and AR/Advent/Dahlquist the latter. The West coast sound was bright and punchy and the East was dry, but accurate with tightly controlled bass thanks to a sealed enclosure. Both were perfect in their own way.

The Sony headphones are like the old West coast sound - fine for short periods, but they will give you a headache over time. AKG, Sennheiser, Grado and the "professional" Koss phones can be worn for hours.

For real music, I prefer Sennheiser.
    MS MCP, MCSE

just buy a pair of headphones!