Thread: For the Yanks.

For the Yanks.

There has been a wonderful holiday weekend here in Britain.
    A great celebration.

l wish to thank you for the assistance given us during the Second World War and remember those who came to our
    aid and did not make it home.

God bless you Americans.

got to love those royally inspired holidays... I love being a part of the commonwealth!

As an expat brit , this looks like one of the few times that I would of liked to be back in Britain. Long may she reign!

We too just celebrated what we call Memorial Day. God bless ALL the soldiers and their families. Freedom comes at such a high price.

Gone
    Steve R Jones- you put it all so well!

herosrest- its great to hear that as us Americans have been getting slamed latley.

My Great Grandfather would have been proud to here you say that. He was the first in our area to have a t.v. radio repair shop. He knew tubes and all the electronics. He was self taught in the begining. Then came the draft. He was a skinny guy so not much good in packing and carrying amunitions etc. They found that he had a great ability in electronics and physics. He was sent through certain training and then shipped off to who knows where- I dont think he even knew.

Alls he ever said was he worked in a hanger. There he helped in makeing the first real fighter plane. He wired up the electronics helped with the guidance system and etc. Truely put his all into deseigning these new aircrafts. Once released after the war had ended, he was stricken with arthrites (is that how its spelled?) so bad he was wheel chair bound for the rest of his life. It was due to the long hours of standing working and his hands from twisting and wireing for the military. Then came the kicker. Barely enuff from the gov. to keep him alive much less help with his condition. We think he gave up on life, died of a broken heart due to many things. Once he lost the ability to use his hands and walk he had notheing to live for, electronics was impossible and was his true love in life. My familly says I remind them of him and so did my Great Gram before she died 2 years ago at 93(breast cancer). It was operable but she was ready to join my Grandpa, still brings a tear to my eye when I think of how she said that. "Just let me die, I'm ready". She said I got the gift of electronics from him, it makes me proud to be compared to such a great man as my great grandpa.

So for him and from me Thanks it means alot to here that!

Last edited by $1500-P4 gamer; 06-05-2002 at 03:19 PM.

We are hero's all - to life's challenges.

Re: For the Yanks.

Originally posted by herosrest
    God bless you Americans.
    He did bless us...with loyal (and royal ) friends.

God save the Queen!

Pass the Guinness!
    MS MCP, MCSE

God Bless America, God Bless the Queen and God Bless The Special Relationship.