Thread: Iomega Burner Problems again...

Iomega Burner Problems again...

Hello everyone

this is the third problem i have had with this burner, And if i cant get it working right im gonna junk it. Its the Iomega 8x4x32 internal burner. IT is completely screwing iver my whole comp...everything from slow start ups to random shut downs and restarts. It wont run in DMA/UDMA so i had to set both windows and bios in PIO4 mode.

Even when windows does start up fine, I cant burn because of Medium change errors. I have had it by itself on Secondary channel, Set as Master and CD-Rom as slave, And CD-Rom as Master and Burner as slave. I tried last firmware but still nothing there, And even windows doesnt have a decent set of drivers.

Please Please Please, Help me from pulling the rest of my hair out.

Thanks,
    -Zach

Gone
    Dont know the answer to your windows prob.s but I can say this. My Asus P4T-E mobo and this Sony crx175a2 has that pio4 prob. Mine wont allow me to boot as bios hollers at me to fix the settings of burner. Thne I go into bios and set to auto it says Sony -blah-blah- and then runs fine. No slow boots though and it still burns at 12x in 7 minutes and at 24x (dont have any cd's yet that fast) I would guees it would do the 3minutes others are getting. So it didnt slow its burning time. Dont know if that helps but atleast you know someone else is haveing a similar prob. in the bios settings. The only dif. is mine still works fine. Burned about 5 discs so far (got it couple days ago) and not one error or cd coaster yet! Find a answer to the PIO4 prob. I want to know what it is too!