Thread: TIE Fighter collectors CD on Win98?

TIE Fighter collectors CD on Win98?

Do you guys remember the LucasArts classic, TIE Fighter? I recently got a copy of this great game and want to run it on my PC. I have a Win98, Athlon machine, and when I run it, it gives me a 'STACK OVERFLOW' error. Is there any way to get this game to work? Thanks.

Ah yes I remember that game..much fun. I liked xwing too. I can't remember for sure, but I think it is an old enough game that you have to worry about running out of conventional memory when playing it. Is there anything on the cd or in the documentation regarding making a boot disk? I think you might have to do that for it to run...just a guess though.

Try looking for boot disk info at the lucasarts website too.

Good luck

hmm, been awhile, but I remember it running fine when I had win98..could be that you need to run it in dos mode..or through a dos box...

Did you try to find any patches or updates?
    Tiger, tiger, burning bright,
    In the forest of the night,
    What immortal hand or eye
    Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

I checked for updates, etc at the LucasArts website- no luck. I tried running the game in DOS mode, but it told me to insert the CD Rom in the drive. Do I need to initialize some drivers??? I'm not very familiar with DOS. How do I initialize these drivers?